Update on my Decel Pop, Its gone!!!! Thanks DC Performance

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I called DC Performance, spoke with Dan and then Chris , their tuner. They felt they could get rid of my decel pop. They were able to get rid of it on my old tune, when I was N/A.
They really didnt tweak with my current Paxton Dyno tune, as A&C Performance had the A/F set pretty good. But I had a TON of decel pop. Very loud and annoying, almost like back firing.

So I pulled computer and sent to DC. They programmed it to rid of decel pop. IT WORKED!!!!!!! Its like having a new car. It sounds good again. I dont mind a little pop or grumble from the mighty V10, but what I had was embarrassing. Now I can down shift and get a nice bark and then just hear the engine purr as it revs down. When I shift it sounds nice and clean, no pop. And as I come to a stop, I no longer have it poppitiy , pop, pop , pop, sound. Im very happy:D

I was going to put cats back in to help with quieting down and also hoping to rid of or muffle the popping. Now I dont think I need to. I may eventaully run a pair of cats again, some day, to save my hearing. But for now Im enjoying the sweet sound of a V10 with headers and No cats, best of all NO pop.

I had not been happy with DC when I was told Id have to pay again to retune when I had changed to Paxton. Where originally I was told when N/A that once I did a tune, any changes were no charge. Probably a misunderstanding on my part or lost communication. Long story short it bugged me and A few price issues and I figured I wouldnt use them again. But I have to admit, they KNOW their stuff and KNOW Vipers. I will continue to recommend them as I had done so much before. And even if it costs a little more, I think when I end up doing a engine build it will go to DC.
For any of you complaining about loud pop, call them up. My car is now very enjoyable again to drive. My buddy just put headers on and no cats on his 06 coupe. His pops ALOT also. He will be calling DC too.

Thanks again guys. :usa:

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey mike..Im sure you know already but if you do decide to put your cats back on make sure you use the metal primary substrate cats and not the secondary ceramics.You could always go with the new high flow cats from roe.:cool:
CATS : 3" Direct Replacement High Flow Metallic Substrate Catalytic Converter Set - 2003 – 2006 Viper - Exhaust Systems - Roe Racing

Yea, thanks. I know of those, but would custom build my own setup. The Roe set up will not work on a car with headers. Mine has a 3 bolt flange, the setup Roe uses is to mate up to stock manifold.

Anyways, a little pop is fine, mine was ridiculous. It wasnt this bad stock, after I removed exhaust, but when removed cats it got worse. Still not this bad. I did DC tune and it was gone. After going with new tune for Paxton and Xmetal throttle body something must have drastically changed. Anyways, Im a happy camper now.:2tu:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya... mine is less of a pop.. more like a backfire! It even does it sometimes between shifts if I take my time.

Mike stopped by and it sounded great!! I will definately be calling them to get a tune and rid me of the decel pop!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson