Update on the cruise last Saturday...

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well for all of 3 Guys and myself that showed up, or in many a case, knew about the cruise, since probably no one, of the almost 100 members in the ontario region, go on this site or the ontario site for that matter, Shame on you !! 3 guys ...lol.....I could get more than 3 guys together with no club. It is sad to see that only 4% of the club members showed up and only that many look on this site at all. Comon People !!...Make some time aside for a cup of coffee and some mingling if only for a few hours at that. Get on this site and keep checking for cruises , discussions or anything of the sort. Im sure most are on a computer during the day sometime. Check this site and look under the ontario section and post something ...anything!!

Thanks to Steve (poolboyz) for gettting us together. Thanks to Rukcus,PB5150 and myself Slithrv10 for coming out and having a blast and lots of car talk over lunch and drinks. Thanks to Mopar Boy for being an avid part of the VCA/VCO sites and a few other members that frequesnt this site and make some contact with the VCO. If you notice, or should know, all of us that showed up on the cruise are less than 1 year on the VCA/VCO memberships. Don't tell me the novelty wears out as you own a Viper or are a member over the years. I know I will be joining in on most activities throughout the year and the coming years as I will make time since we get an event schedule months ahead to make time for those events. There should be no excuses.
Sorry but I just needed to put my .02 cents in on my thoughts. Maybe I am premature on my thoughts and will be proven wrong on future get togethers and outings. I hope so.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a beautiful holiday weekend up here!

I'm a bit of an oddball... live out in the countryside, nothing is more fun than cruising around on the rural country roads, rolling hills, etc.. first 37 years of my life living in the city, and really don't like driving in traffic or being in the urban territory now or sitting in a parking lot. Another thing is that I design car stuff for a living, so that's all I look at and work on day after day after day for the past couple of decades.... relaxing and time off is usually non-car stuff, other than driving my car.

Ontario is widespread, it's surely a challenge to get people together and understand that grief. Good luck, don't be offended whatsover, everyone is different, some may have hectic working lifestyles that just prefer taking any opportunity possible to relax and be with family. Yet I do support the club and enjoy visiting the site online, hence the Venom membership.

Cheers,
Mike

You must be registered for see images

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. I run an engine rebuilding shop, so it can get tiring to hear about cars. In all honesty I had a great time sitting at a table with people who I can no long call strangers but friends. I think Tom is speaking for all when he says that as a car club we should be a little more active within our community. It would make it a rewarding experience.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't be discouraged, we have an event this Thurs May 24th. Milestones Grill and Bar Location: 3900 Highway 7, Vaughan, Ontario, (Hwy 7 and Weston Rd.) 7:00 PM Hopefully weather co-operates for a good turnout.
Everyone has busy schedules and priorities, personally I am conflicted with a love of golf also. Hope to see a good turnout Thurs. Let Mary (our tireless vice President) know to reserve a parking spot.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track days are a good cure for the golf addiction. -also after buying tires and brakes all the time, you almost can't afford to do anything else. :omg:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey if I was retired, I would make all the events, especially the ones during the week, unfortunately that nasty four letter word has me busy Mon to Fri. It's tough to get people out all the time, looking at this years event schedule, I will miss most of them myself, where as last year my dance card wasn't as busy. The season in just getting under way as well. Usually the weekend events are better attended, especially the get aways. Don't be discouraged, it's a good club with great people.

John

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, its nice to see some posts here in the Ontario section. I have felt lonely on these forums for a long time!!! :rolaugh:

I will make an effort to check here more than weekly as it appears there have been more posts here in the last week than in the last year! ;)

As for turnout, there is not many Ontario web users. A few that drift in and out but other than that, no one else sees the info here. So thats why there was only going to be four. The 4 people using the forums! LOL

As for turnouts, yes and no. Some do loose interest in the car and thats why Viper owners have a high turnover. There are those that get a Viper and stay with the club long term, and those that like the novelty of the car, play for a few years, and then is gone. Questions is who is what side. Bigger question that actually can determine that trend is why they honestly got the car. The reason is everything!

In closing (yes I will get off my soapbox), thanks for setting up the run let week. I did make arrangements to be there, got the car cleaned and prepped, but the dang dog put a bummer (LOL, get it? ;)) in my plans! :(

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"First off, its nice to see some posts here in the Ontario section. I have felt lonely on these forums for a long time!!! "

LOL, you have a yellow car, you will always be lonely !!

Sorry Robert but that one was there for the taking.

Speaking of events, who is going on Sunday to "MOPAR SPRING FLING"? If the weather is nice(so far only 40% chance) I should be there around 1:30 - 2:00

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My golf addiction will prevent me from going to the Mopar Spring Fling, but I plan to take the next Saturday off from golf, ( Jun 2nd) and take in the Fleetwood country Cruise-in :cool:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It always seems we have better attendence when food is involved. The Snug harbour event we had 28 people and over 20 cars. Wild wing was big with 30 + cars. Maybe we should end the poker run with a pub type bar.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Golfer

Oh poop. I did kinda leave that one ripe for the picking! :grumble:

Well played! Even if it is a shot at me! :rolaugh:

As for the parts plant show, For sure! Been going for years! :nana:

Garron

Wrong thread! :lmao: The poker run thread is the other thread!

I know. More than one thread under Ontario is confusing! :rolaugh: :D

Or did you intentionally post that here? :eater:

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of events, who is going on Sunday to "MOPAR SPRING FLING"? If the weather is nice(so far only 40% chance) I should be there around 1:30 - 2:00

I am going there but not sure if I am driving the car with the chance of thunderstorms

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI...I guess I've been naive.....I thought the Ontario members did their chatting on the Ontario site?!..which I used to check out from time to time! and then I was told that that was being discontinued...and that FACEBOOK was gonna be the place to discuss!? (YUCK!! that isn't my favourite place to be!!)...and so I didn't know this site was so active!! Glad to see it!!
Now I may not partake in (m)any discussions....and we know I don't make many (or any) of the events!! But having said that I do love my vipers....have owned them since Feb 1992 when I ordered my first, which I got in Nov 1993!! As you guys have said..we all love our vipers in different ways and are club members in different ways also.
And having found this forum I definitely will continue to check it out.

OP
OP
S

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI...I guess I've been naive.....I thought the Ontario members did their chatting on the Ontario site?!..which I used to check out from time to time! and then I was told that that was being discontinued...and that FACEBOOK was gonna be the place to discuss!? (YUCK!! that isn't my favourite place to be!!)...and so I didn't know this site was so active!! Glad to see it!!
Now I may not partake in (m)any discussions....and we know I don't make many (or any) of the events!! But having said that I do love my vipers....have owned them since Feb 1992 when I ordered my first, which I got in Nov 1993!! As you guys have said..we all love our vipers in different ways and are club members in different ways also.

I am so glad that you will be partaking in as (m)any;) discussions as you could and that you will be checking on here as often as you can as it would be great to have someone who has owned a Viper from the start to give us your opinion on as many threads as you could. Would be def. fantastic to see you out there in as many of the events as possible again as it would be great to meet someone who can share stories from which time began on the Viper.

hope to hear from you soon

Tommy

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, the big change here is that there is now a few Ontario people that actively use the National Forums. In the past it has always been the occasional post vs now what appears to be daily.

And random question. Looking at the background on the avatar, are you the urban legend in Ontario that has a turntable in your garage? :eater: Rumor has it one exists as well s a giant illuminated Viper backdrop behind it. Might not be you, but just thought I would ask. If you prefer not to say, feel free to ignore the question, or PM me instead.

Robert

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If there is an urban legend about me.....it's not true!!
Unless the turntable represents the fact that in the last half dozen years or so I've had vipers coming and going!! LOL!
I've tried every incarnation of viper (that would be four) and I still have my first 2 (94 RT10 & 96 Coupe)....having bought and sold an SRT and an SRT Coupe!! beautiful cars but just didn't work for me! (Right Neil?!)
Anyhoo...
I'd love to give the SRT VIPER 2013 a shot!! I think Chrysler did a fabulous job on updating but keeping the essence of the original car.

And don't I know a few of you from other on-line forums?! MB? EBAY?

And my AVATAR comes from a picture I took back in 2002 when my viper was showcased (along with some other club members) at the Indy in Toronto. Back when Dodge sponsored it we provided the vipers for them..also some were in the Indy parade! Very Cool!

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am going there but not sure if I am driving the car with the chance of thunderstorms

Looking at the forecast, it's now changed to 80%, and if it stays that way I will bring my VIPERS baby brother.

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the big change here is that there is now a few Ontario people that actively use the National Forums. In the past it has always been the occasional post vs now what appears to be daily.

I agree in the activity. It was very quiet when I first joined, now it seems to have a bit more enthusiasm.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is an urban legend about me.....it's not true!!
Unless the turntable represents the fact that in the last half dozen years or so I've had vipers coming and going!! LOL!
I've tried every incarnation of viper (that would be four) and I still have my first 2 (94 RT10 & 96 Coupe)....having bought and sold an SRT and an SRT Coupe!! beautiful cars but just didn't work for me! (Right Neil?!)
Anyhoo...
I'd love to give the SRT VIPER 2013 a shot!! I think Chrysler did a fabulous job on updating but keeping the essence of the original car.

And don't I know a few of you from other on-line forums?! MB? EBAY?

And my AVATAR comes from a picture I took back in 2002 when my viper was showcased (along with some other club members) at the Indy in Toronto. Back when Dodge sponsored it we provided the vipers for them..also some were in the Indy parade! Very Cool!

Well I don't know then. Someone in Ontario Must have as legends like that normally have some fact.

Granted, it may just mean turntable for his 1:18 variant of the car!:rolaugh:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Golfer

Oh poop. I did kinda leave that one ripe for the picking! :grumble:

Well played! Even if it is a shot at me! :rolaugh:

As for the parts plant show, For sure! Been going for years! :nana:

Garron

Wrong thread! :lmao: The poker run thread is the other thread!

I know. More than one thread under Ontario is confusing! :rolaugh: :D

Or did you intentionally post that here? :eater:

No no silly Mopar boy. I just think FOOD = BETTER ATTENDANCE

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen