update report on Paxton install 5 hrs in

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: update report on Paxton install 5 hrs in

"Twin screw looks cooler but usually generated more heat and deals with more friction"

Actually, the twin screw is more efficient at lower RPMs and operates at cooler temperatures across the board. Neither style, centrifugal or twin screw, have rotors or impellers that contact anything but air. The rotor clearance on the Autorotor compressor is 0.002".

Regards,
Sean

Thanks for info sean. I had a paxton on my bronco and it didnt get remotely hot. Plus I figured a twin screw is BOLTED to metal that is bolted to the hot engine so I figured, by nature of how it sat in the motor, it would get hotter. Plus there is less air around it.

PS. Thanks for the REV 8 9D cards. They work great.

Is it me, or is the intake hose kinked on the right side of the twin screw?

It sure is. I havent put my new roe hoses on. Those others were ones I made before I put the blower on. Napa hose.

I cant wait to see the results of the Paxton. I juggled Roe and Paxton around for a month before I went with Roe.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My first numbers where 600 rwhp but my torque numbers where way too low. I had the mopar race computer on for this test (463 ft/lbs) I have since put the stock computer on and it picked up a misfire on cylinder 4 and 6 which turned out to be a bad coil pack. It has been ordered but living in canada it will be next Monday before I see it.

I also check the computer paxton supplied they had pulled out 1 degree of timeing a 1 psi of boost moving to 14 degrees of timing pulled out at 7.5 psi of boost. I have since changed it to pull out a max of 4.8 degrees of timing. It feels like a different car.

Remember this was not designed for cars with head work etc. I really would like to put it on a car either all stock or just exhaust work.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haven't had a chance to make it to the dyno yet but will be doing another install next week and will dyno it too

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will tell you this, (when refering to buying a paxton DIY KIT) Hold off for now . I dont recommend ANY DIY supercharger at this time. Stay tuned for my take on PAXTON's offering. No I wont respond to emails or PM's regarding this right now. Sorry.

Jon

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*** is up with that? tell us the dirt.

Max

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members