updated cold air intake pics and info

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This is a multifunctional unit made from very high grade stainless steel,Gen 2 Vipers draw their air in through the NACA duct,Gen1s draw their air through the grill,This unit utilizes both while it also has a 3" isolated air duct running through the box directly to the cooling fan flowing a great amt. of air to the top of the motor to assist with engine temps.We have also taken into consideration the dreaded water/rain,the box has 2 functional watewr seperators,short of submerging your car, water will not be an issue.We have spent countless hours designing this unit to be unique and multifunctional.Pictures really do this unit no justice as it is :eek: .We are now in the process of building an inventory of these,they will be avail for both Gen1s and Gen 2s with slight variances in the two.There will also be a seperate unit for the Roe S.Cd cars as the intake tubes are further apart than the OEM manifold.I should be able to have a solid price for these in a couple of days, viper tax not included :) ,these will be avail only in stainless unless special request for other i.e plated ect.In my opinion and after much research in heat conduction and dissapation,this is the best material to use,with some elbow grease and polish these will come to a mirror finish and unlike aluminum or other metals will not oxidize or fade,so upkeep will be simple.The kit will be sold complete with all filters,hoses,couplings and hardware

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is, if I get a GenII Viper, I'm purchasing me one of them bad boys!
Say, any plans to create a version of that for the SRT-10 Vipers?

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you seen the airbox for the SRT? I can't imagine anything could be much of an improvement.
I have one here and i agree with chuck, other than changing the filters themself it seems to be a very functional design,I must admit i was far from a fan of these cars but looking at it closer and especially up on the rack,somebody was doing their homework.Everything is functional and the breaking in my opinion is the best part about the car,unbelievebly controlled breaking which is where is see there edge being on the track

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you seen the airbox for the SRT? I can't imagine anything could be much of an improvement.
I have one here and i agree with chuck, other than changing the filters themself it seems to be a very functional design,I must admit i was far from a fan of these cars but looking at it closer and especially up on the rack,somebody was doing their homework.Everything is functional and the breaking in my opinion is the best part about the car,unbelievebly controlled breaking which is where is see there edge being on the track

But it's not stainless steel. And does not look as sharp as your design. Plenty of things for Vipers are created just for improved looks. It doesn't always have to be about improving function. I've seen more than enough examples of that going on.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it's not stainless steel. And does not look as sharp as your design. Plenty of things for Vipers are created just for improved looks. It doesn't always have to be about improving function. I've seen more than enough examples of that going on.

[/QUOTE]
Good point

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have one question for Vipermed.

Do you EVER freaking sleeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp?????????????

This is like the Vipermed product of the week club. :)

Keep up the good work.

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do they sound?Is the induction roar or whistle louder?I used to have BTR tubes/cones and they made a cool whistling sound on acceleration.

holdontight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott i still can not see the pics. Is there a problem with my computer or are others having this happen too

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pricing will be $895 plus shipping,I do realise that it is more than originally estimated but we did not expect to go this far with it.I believe this to be an extremely reasonable price,this includes all hardware, filters,ect.I do need to refresh waiting list with continued interest,Gen1,2 or supercharged,please email me at [email protected]

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any horsepower gains? I currently have the ACR, so I am told I have the smooth tubes and a K&N. So will I see any gains from this?

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done no dyno testing on it,I can tell you that you are currently drawing 25-35%less air in with your current set up as your only source of ambient air is the NACA duct.I have also found in my case with the S.C I have lost what little detonation i had as i am no longer drawing air from underneath the hood.

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may sound like a sales pitch....I took the new cold air intake box off my car to begin production of them,what a difference,since i put the prototype on I have not had one bit of detonation under any conditions ,now that i removed it i am back to load detonation w/8lb pully and 93 octane,cant wait to get it back on.This is truly a unit i am proud of.All who have ordered you are in for a real treat,especially the Roe S.C cars

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte