Updated Events list

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2012 is off to a great start on the planning side and your board is making great strides in obtaining a nonprofit status which will help us interact with more charities in the future. We will also be able to solicit more sponsors for several more upcoming events for this great club. You all should be receiving your 2012 VCA membership badge (which I encourage everyone to wear to events) and VCA Welcome Letter. There is a brief overview of your membership benefits as well. In a nutshell you get a full year to Viper Magazine, VCA exclusive Raffles, ID badge, access to VCA merchandise, VCA Forum access, very cool exclusive offers, discounts on parts, ability to participate in not on this region but every regions events, and last but not least a $1,000,000 liability insurance only when attending a VCA Sponsored Event. Nice little benefit to help put your mind at ease as you squeeze the throttle and rotate your Viper around that next corner... But to keep this email short below is a list of events in teh near future. Put them on a sticky note, on your Outlook or Google calenders, your smart phone, your date book, wherever you will not forget about these dates. I know it is quite a few but we are making up for some rain delays. If you need detailed info on any of these events just let me know. Most have been emailed, posted to the forums, and are on the Facebook page as well.

VCA Sponsored Events- All your VCA benefits are riding shotgun with you :drive:

March 24th- VCA Social Lunch at Chester's Hamburger Co. 16609 San Pedro Ave San Antonio, TX 78232 (If good weather we may hit up a short cruise afterwards) meet at 12 Noon!
April 21st- Three Sisters Run by Larry Hudler. Final details to be released soon.
April 28th- Wounded Warriors Charity drive to Dick's Classic Garage and Museum in San Marcos. Organized by Jim Chandler. Final details will go out soon.
May 5th- AACOG Multi County cruise with special town welcome and lunch in Runge, TX by John Weber and Chris Green. Details to come out soon.

NON VCA Sponsored events- Fun events you are welcome to join but your VCA benefits will not be joining you :omg:

March 23rd-25th: The TEXAS MILE is back again- ART is going out to shatter their own record- lets get out there and show our biggest sponsor our support! :2tu:
March 30th-1st: Texas Viper Round Up- ART is yet again providing a entire Dyno day and half day of free track time at H2R!
March 31st : Coffee and Rides in San Antonio 8AM to 11AM
April 1st : Sweet Rides Invasion of Rudy's morning car show 9AM 11570 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759-4036
April 1st : Cars and Coffee Austin
April 1st : TSS (Texas Speed Syndicate) is hosting a private drivers education event at MSR Houston. Full track day from 9AM to 5PM with a max of 50 drivers allowed.
April 29th : TSS (Texas Speed Syndicate) is hosting the Texas Invitational: Automotive Airfield Exhibition in Caddo Mills, Texas.
May 12th : Houston Half Mile at Ellington Field. Shoot your Viper down a famous Ellington Field runway and see how fast you can go in a half mile during the Aeros and Autos show. Several have already signed up, don't miss out on this!

As you can see there is a LOT to do in the very near future. So get the fluids flushed, check the air pressure, put on that final coat of wax and GET READY! It is going to be a FUN year!

Last edited:

viperJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be going up as well from the Valley. However, I am still undecided to drive the car over there as my ramps still have not come in for my trailer. Are we going to have a cruise for sure?

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be a short one, maybe 30-45 minutes. The Texas mile is going on this weekend so most people may be in Beeville.