Urgent Help Needed In Oh

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently running the Cannonball One Lap of America in my 06 supercharged coupe. Car has had an intermittant problem over the road with what seems like a miss. Has also done it at least once on the track. Problem is most noticable on the road when we hit a bump. After market shift light sometimes light and tach sometimes jumps a couple of 1000. Real time data from OBD II confirms that the PCM is also seeing the artificial spike.

A few miles ago, car through a P1391 code. Intermittant loss of either Cam sensor pulse or Crank sensor pulse. Given symptoms which do you think it is? I'm hoping its the Crank Sensor since this is easier to get to. The Cam Sensor is behind the blower brackets. Does anyone know if these parts are Viper specific?

We will be (hopefully) near Mid Ohio Sportscar Track tomorrow. Track is in Lexington, OH. Our hotel for tonight is in Bellville, OH. If anyone knows a good Viper tech or even a good Dodge Service department please call me on 1-917-733-4555.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Spitzer Dodge in Mansfield.

Spitzer Dodge
744 Park Avenue West
Mansfield, OH 44906-3007
(419) 524-2511

I bet you the parts are Viper specific for that '06 engine. Give Spitzer a call, tell them you are a VCA member. Mr. Spitzer is a friend of my VCA Ohio Merchandise Director Sam Goldfarb. Drop his name.

Good luck,
Randall Arnold
President VCA Ohio Region

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an update. We made it to Bellville. Given time zone differences I thought I would try JonB at Parts Rack for any insights he might have. He suggested I call Dan Cragin at DC Performance. Dan told me that in his experience my problem most likely is related to the Paxton Timing Control box or the wiring between it and the factory PCM.

In a gas station parking lot I looked at the wiring connections and the PCM connector. I was looking for loose or broken wires. They definitely need to be cleaned up some but when I pushed on the C1 (I think it is C1) connector to the PCM - I heard a click. The connector did not seem to be seated properly. I'm hoping that this was the fix. Didn't have time to test it tonight as I need to hit the sack before tomorrow's event. I'll post up what I learn. Thanks everyone for your support.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an update. We made it to Bellville. Given time zone differences I thought I would try JonB at Parts Rack for any insights he might have. He suggested I call Dan Cragin at DC Performance. Dan told me that in his experience my problem most likely is related to the Paxton Timing Control box or the wiring between it and the factory PCM.

In a gas station parking lot I looked at the wiring connections and the PCM connector. I was looking for loose or broken wires. They definitely need to be cleaned up some but when I pushed on the C1 (I think it is C1) connector to the PCM - I heard a click. The connector did not seem to be seated properly. I'm hoping that this was the fix. Didn't have time to test it tonight as I need to hit the sack before tomorrow's event. I'll post up what I learn. Thanks everyone for your support.

Saw you at Road America Saturday. You hit the road before I got a chance to wish you good luck. Good luck!!! Hope you found the problem.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their help and support, especially Dan Cragin of DC Performance, Randall Arnold of Ohio VCA, and JonB of Parts Rack.

First session at Mid Ohio was good. Car ran fine. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the loose connector was the key to our problem. One more session at Mid Ohio this afternoon and then we're off to NJ Motorsports Park.

Car is wicked fast, makes me wish I was a better driver. In the right hands this car could contend for the overall win or at least top 5.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw some pics of the event, I was wondering if you were on the VCA :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Like the tow hitch :2tu:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their help and support, especially Dan Cragin of DC Performance, Randall Arnold of Ohio VCA, and JonB of Parts Rack.

First session at Mid Ohio was good. Car ran fine. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the loose connector was the key to our problem. One more session at Mid Ohio this afternoon and then we're off to NJ Motorsports Park.

Car is wicked fast, makes me wish I was a better driver. In the right hands this car could contend for the overall win or at least top 5.

Help is only a thread/post, email, or phone call away! This is a great club of ours, the VCA!! Good luck on the rest of the Cannonball One Lap of America!!!

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will you be at the NJ Motorsports park? Perhaps I can catch up to you when you are there, please let me know.:usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ball thing in the last picture is of some other car, not my Viper.

We will be in Millville, NJ at NJMP on Thursday (tomorrow) from about 7:30am to 2:30pm. We're currently travelling east on the PA Turnpike about 150 miles from the track. It is currently 7:45pm on Wednesday, the 5th.

I'd love to see some other VCA members do this event next year. It is a ton of fun. This is my 12th straight year doing it. Four times in a Viper. The official One Lap site is One Lap of America - the Official Webpage. I will try to post up more pics when I return; hard to do in the tight confines of the Viper cockpit.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One other thing. Several folks have PM'd me or spoken to me about the Make A Wish decals on the car. My co-driver and I ask folks to sponsor us by giving a check to Make A Wish. So far we have raised close to $150,000 for this great cause over the past several years.

Many of the competitors do similar things for other charities and I'm sure One Lap competitors raise hundreds of thousands a year for worthy causes in this manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang