Using Ford Parts Is One Thing.....

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
......using GM parts is just so wrong!

The plumber was at our house this morning, and left the side door open on his Chevy workvan. Low and behold, there is the same door striker as on my 2000 GTS!

You guys know the part I mean, the two pronged piece in our door jambs that retains the door when closed. Geez. I was hoping the Delphi remotes would be the end of GM stuff on a Viper.

OP
OP
M

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stugots...there are all kind of other maker's parts on the Viper. Ford headlight switch, Ford HVAC controls, Audi foglights to name a few.

Petersen Manufacturing made the front side markers that are in your front bumper...they are just over $2.00 at Wal-Mart. (I just replaced them on my trailer, and the part # is the same.) PM makes all kinds of trailer and big-rig lighting.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allot of the small parts are vendor parts. For a manufacture to make or design all of these parts the costs would be even higher.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's called cost saving. The more off the shelf parts you use the less cost goes into development. It's done all the time.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's called cost saving. The more off the shelf parts you use the less cost goes into development. It's done all the time.
Kinda like a kit car from the manufacturer. :D I wouldn't have guessed it from the fantastic fit and finish.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather have ALL GM parts instead of Dodge if I had to choose! A Viper is the only Dodge I'd own!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Petersen Manufacturing made the front side markers that are in your front bumper...they are just over $2.00 at Wal-Mart.

So that makes them about $150.00 through Dodge with the Viper tax? :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96