V-10 Nationals 2004 under the Florida Sun

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Cudaman, he and Dr. Roof just set the dates for the V-10 Nationals in Florida. Feb. 7th and Feb. 8th. The tentative schedule will be as follows:

Saturday Feb 7th:
Street Tire Shoot out, track opens 9 am til 3pm for test and tune. The track will give us Viper only lanes and parking on the west side of the track. This is a test and tune day for them, but usually they do not get very crowded. At 4 PM they have their weekly bracket racing for cash prizes, so if any Vipers (Especially the automatic ones) want to stay after the street tire shootout they may be able to win some Florida dollars.

Sunday Feb 8th:
I am sure that Dr. Roof will set the agenda, but we have the track rented from 9 am until 5 pm, with no short changing on the times.

This area has a lot to offer and may be a great opportunity for some of you snowed in Vipers to combine a vacation with racing. There are beautiful beaches and the Orlando attractions are only about 2 hours away. If enough people are interested, we could arrange bus service for family members to Disney etc, please advise either myself or Cudaman. As well, I believe the following week is the Daytona 500, and they start racing on Wednesday of that week.

This is a good track with a very friendly staff, it should be a great time. We will advise on accommodations and additional info shortly.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Failed to mention where, it is at Desoto Raceway in Bradenton Florida. This is about 45 minutes to 1 hour south of Tampa. White sandy beaches and beautiful sunsets.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet I am deft in for this one again, now who is getting us a hookup in a spectacular hotel :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet I am deft in for this one again, now who is getting us a hookup in a spectacular hotel :D

15-20 minutes from the track is a 5 star hotel.... Ritz Carlton...5 minutes from the finest beaches in the world.

Cudaman :usa:

WilBriK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"5 minutes from the finest beaches in the world."

Florida is 5 minutes away from the Seychelles? Continental drift must be accelerating...

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ritz Carlotn is more like 35-40 mins away.
The Cheetah club is much closer than Mons Venus and they have the same format :laugh:

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
As Mr. Cudaman pointed out the beautiful women are abound, many wearing strings for bikinis, some beaches they don't wear anything at all. The weather should be good, Feb is usually one of dryer months with temps usually 40-50 f at night and 65-75 f in the days.

For the ******** racers, Feb is a great month in Florida. The weekend before our V-10 Nationals is the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona and the weekend after the V-10 Nationals is the Daytona 500, usually our Central Florida VCA gets involved with hospitality at one or both of these races. Last year Cudaman and I got to make 3 parade laps around the Rolex course, which is approx. 4 miles, of course we almost got tossed out as we were hitting over 130 mph on the straights and doing smokey burnouts, but the crowd seemed to like it.

This is a great month to come to Florida. The drive might be long for some, but once you get to Florida it should be smooth sailing. You can actually call our highways roads, not potholes with lines around them, another real plus is they are generally ice free as well. Come on down!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21