VA/MD Crab Feast Cruise - Reservation Forms are in the Mail

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Crab Feast Cruise will be on Saturday June 11th this year. The reservation form is being mailed out today, so VA/MD members be on the look out for it. If any members from other regions are interested in attending, you're more than welcome, just email me so I can get you signed up. This is a reservation only event for VCA members, and their guests.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from Viper HQ regarding my membership status (I am paid in full.) If I'm not on your mailing list please include me.

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sent mine back today, date is supposed to be within 10 days of when my wife is due to have the baby, so might be finding another guest to go with me depending on what the doctor says:)

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Crab feast will be at the Fisherman's Crab Deck on Kent Island (as always), but I'm in the process of selecting a meeting place in Annapolis where we can all meet. Last year I got the Annapolis Mall to reserve us an area, but it was too congested (traffic) getting in and out, and I want to find another place if available that we can get in and get out without a lot of difficulty. If it's good weather, we will probably have 50+ Vipers, and sometimes finding the right spot can be tricky. I also plan to check out the Naval Academy Stadium parking lot that we've used in past years to see if their construction is complete. Last year it was a mess which is why I moved it to the mall. I'd really like to reserve an area at the City Dock as we have in the past when the then mayor was "viper friendly", but the current female, tree hugging mayor could care less and won't give her permission (no sexism intended). I'm working on it, and I'll keep you posted.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
For those on the East Coast and DE I'm looking to set up a meeting spot on 301 north of the 50 split (figured that would be a nice central location) - I'm up for suggestions.

I'll be coming in from 404 through denton if anyone wants to meet up along the way and cruise down together.

Reaction score
For those on the East Coast and DE I'm looking to set up a meeting spot on 301 north of the 50 split (figured that would be a nice central location) - I'm up for suggestions.

I'll be coming in from 404 through denton if anyone wants to meet up along the way and cruise down together.

Dude...keep me posted! I have NO CLUE how we're coming up....but I know we're coming that way!

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and where is the best place for us to meet up with everyone? Annapolis? I have no clue what "South Side Capitol Beltway" is!! LOL!! :)

Tony,
If you want to meet the guys in the DC area, take 64West to 95North to the Capital Beltway (about a 3 1/2 hr drive from Va. Beach). You will get directions from me exactly where to meet off the Beltway. From there, you will cruise with that group (usually about 15-20 cars) to Annapolis, meet the other groups coming from Northern DC and Baltimore area, and all together over the Bay Bridge. We usually stage in Annapolis for about an hour before heading over.

Or

You can get a group together in your area, and go up Rt. 13 (over the Bridge Tunnel), pick up Rt. 50 West out of Salisbury, MD and go right to the Fisherman's Crab Deck. That would be a about a 4 hr. drive maybe a little less. I can provide detail directions. Let me know.

For anyone that wants to say over, there is a nice hotel right across the street from the Crab Deck, makes for a great weekend.

The detail itineray will be sent out with your tickets about a week before the event to all those remitting the reservation form.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
SCVMad - If you come up 301 from Richmond you're best bet would be meeting up at the Naval Academy. Looking at the map it looks like the quickest way from VABeach. If you do come up via bridge tunnel I can meet up with you in Salisbury and follow 50 up to the meeting spot.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TONY,(SCVM) Iam in, weather permitting, we should be able to get John(yellow cream puff)to join in also, hopefully a few others..

Look forward to it, sounds like what we need right now.. :2tu:

Thanks,Rick

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TONY,(SCVM) Iam in, weather permitting, we should be able to get John(yellow cream puff)to join in also, hopefully a few others..

Look forward to it, sounds like what we need right now.. :2tu:

Thanks,Rick

Also, contact George Murray, he's been to most of the crab feasts, if not all, and hopefully will be coming to this one.