Valentine 1 wont work against this!

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out for my Friday afternoon for my 60 to 150 mph highway blast. Just after I cooled my heels to about 70 I see a new Maxima pulled over getting a ticket...The CT state cop is driving a silver 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix with factory wheels with flashing lights hidden into it front and rear...I got a very uneasy feeling that my Valentine 1 will not help me if he got behind me when I pegged it. He could just clock me on his speedo at 90 or more, see me pull away and bang...reckless driving. I felt pretty safe about speeding before, but that will make me think twice before going over 150... :crazy:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh I hear ya'

I was passing through Baltimore MD this morning, several unmarked cops pulling people over...one was in a 4x4 truck, another in a buick

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are FINALLY getting smart after how many years????

Let's see, we're the "Po-Po", (long O, not short, - it's based on the word "Police", as said by my ex-cop buddy's kid), continuing.... So we're the Po-Po, and we want to bust people doing all kinds of illegal and immoral things, so let's all buy the EXACT same car, make and model almost nation wide, (it's not funny how many states use the same kind of cruiser) so we "blend in" and no one knows who we are!!!!! HELLO????

It seems like they would have done this eon's ago! Anyway, the system just got smarter!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting paced is for suckers.You need to spend almost as much time observing what's going on behind you as what's going on in front.If you're MOVING and someone in the distance is keeping or closing distance its most likely a cop.Just lift off,no brakes and coast down to 10 over.Let them catch up and check it out.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was out in the Denver area last week visiting a buddy and the ba$****$ out there have unmarked 4X4 Denalis everywhere, not to mention troopers and other cops everywhere checking for speeding. What's the world coming to?

Police motto of the 21st Century:

"TO SERVER AND COLLECT"

Cal

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Carolina uses Camaros. Very sneaky. I think it's time they found something a little quicker, and still being produced.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentines are radar/laser detectors. Not cop dectectors. I thought this was covered in another thread as well?

exactly. V1 should pick up laser regardless of what vehicle its coming from

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about this one..... Coming down 422 in Pa and in between the cut thru of the highway was a Township dump truck with a Statey in the passenger seat with a handheld Radar gun. Down the road were three Troopers with cars pulled over. Talk about faking people out!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Georgia 25mph over the posted speed limit can be grounds for Reckless Driving, and it has been for years.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out for my Friday afternoon for my 60 to 150 mph highway blast. Just after I cooled my heels to about 70 I see a new Maxima pulled over getting a ticket...The CT state cop is driving a silver 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix with factory wheels with flashing lights hidden into it front and rear...I got a very uneasy feeling that my Valentine 1 will not help me if he got behind me when I pegged it. He could just clock me on his speedo at 90 or more, see me pull away and bang...reckless driving. I felt pretty safe about speeding before, but that will make me think twice before going over 150... :crazy:
It actually will help you. He can't use laser or instant on radar while he's moving but most likely his radar is on and Valentine will pick him up behind you even if the radar is only on idle. Happens all the time around Baltimore, Valentine arrow pointing back, no cop car in sight, slow down without brakes and wait for the arrow to shift to the side and ahead, and you will probably ID him as he goes by even umarked. Saved me from a marked car yesterday that I did not see as we were coming in from opposite sides of a y merging into one road, I never saw him as he merged in on my right rear quarter, but the Valentine picked up to the rear with almost a lock on signal, off the gas, drop 20mph, still 5 over no brakes, sneak a peak around and there he was. Right on me too, followed me for a while and thought about it, realized I'm sure it would not fly in court cause he just merged in on me and did not have time to pace and then he broke it off. I was confident in even running 5 over with traffic with him right behind me as I thought it would send him the message I did not see him. This stuff is really fun when you outwit them by trying to imagine what they are thinking. By the way, in Baltimore north of the beltway 695 on 95 is the toughest area right now, they are running unmarked SS Camaros up there and just looking for a fast pursuit. One grey, one white, maybe others. But I've confirmed those two by seeing stops they made

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee00-yeh that's EXACTLY where I saw the unmarks, on I-95 N around Baltimore area. I do the same thing, slow it down without brakes and stay within 5 miles of the limit, even if they ARE right by me

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is a technique they are using in So Cal, on the I15 s/b, north of the 215. The freeway here has like 12 w-i-d-e lanes, its really smooth, with great visibility. Speeds are really high here, most are doing 85 to 95, including little ol ladies from Pasadena, trucks, semis, cops too. No one does the speed limit through here, no one. 90mph is typical. And its no more dangerous than any other stretch of road, as far as I know. Thats because speed is relative, but I digress.

Two cops are spaced about a mile apart. First one you come across is blipping his radar on when a target approaches. He radios his buddy up ahead, who then makes the bust.

As you are approaching the first unit, you don't see him yet, but your Valentine 1 is popping on briefly, then its quiet for a bit, then it pops on again, only to shut off just as quickly. The officer is blipping the radar on, just long enough to check the speed of an approaching target, then he shuts it off, so as not to set off every detector in the area and slow everyone down. Watch the strength meter go up, and the tone become more meanacing as you get closer, and sure enough, as traffic clears, there he is on the side of the road in his white Camaro SS, radar pointing backwards.

One thing to remember is, don't get out in front of everyone, because leading the pack makes you a target, and it will be clear that your car is the one that registers the speed reading. But if you are back in the pack, you stand a better chance of getting overlooked. Everyone is doing over 80 in that area, and the officers will single out the 90+mph offenders first. They don't have enough resources to catch everyone, so let the fools call attention to themselves by blazing a 95mph trail through the traffic, they are just waving big old "ticket-me" flag as they drive. If you're cool, you might be able to fly at 75 right through the whole thing.

I know that sounds obvious to most readers, but maybe it will help someone.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a cop doesnt need a radar to visually identify a speeding car, especially one doing 150mph!!! if you didnt get the speeding ticket when he sees you, count on the reckless driving ticket which in many cases carries worse penalties! look i enjoy the quick punch to 100-120 on the street like everyone on this board with a viper, but 150 is a bit excessive i think for the street. i guess i would have to see the road and traffic conditions but hitting a nasty piece of payment on full throttle traveling 150+mph is scarier than any johnny law would make me. plus the fact you make it sound like this friday afternoon blast is somewhat of a regular ritual for you, i think you are only asking for trouble, either from a wreck by yourself, another car cutting in front causing a wreck, or the wreck in your undies when the law is behind you or one of the cars you fly past during this stunt. BE CAREFUL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang