Valentine Vs Bell Driver

JACKED DADDY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Started Doing My Own Test Of The Famous Valentine And Bell Driver Radar Detectors.test Were Done Over Two Days On The Gardenstate Parkway And New Jersey Turnpike. First Test Was Picking Up Radar Signals. Valentine Won Hands Down With A 4-5 Second Difference. The Valentine Also Picked Up More Junk And It Was Set To The Big L Position. The Valentine Shows Where The Radar Is Located. Big Big Help. This Was An Interesting Sting On The Gsp At The Pnc Exit. I Picked Up A Signal From Both Detectors So I Slowed Down And Sure Enough There They Were. The Valentine Also Showed Me A Second Bogey Straight Ahead And Sure Enough There It Was A Quarter Of A Mile Up The Road. If It Wasnt For The Valentine Multiple Bogey System I Would Have Been A Victim. The Bell Is Also Very Hard To Read, Its Always Jumpimg Up And Down With A Very Poor Mounting System. The Bells Bracket Is Set All To Way To The Rear Which Gives The Detector No Support. This Makes The Buttons Very Hard To Hit With Such A Moving Target. The Valentine Has One Large Knob Thats Very Easy To Use And A Great Mounting System. The One Down Side I Had With One Of My Valentines Is That It Broke After Less Then A 4 Year Use. I Never Dropped Or Removed It From The Car. How Did It Happen? I Called Valentine And They Told Me That They Sometimes Go Out Of Calibration And That Theres No Heat Issue. They Could Repair It For 45 Or Upgrade To Pop For 85 Plus 10 Shipping. I P.o.p.ed For 95 Bucks. So There You Have It Buy The Valentine. If You Want Your Detector Tested Just Drop Me A Line.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dennis,

Great write up and it's great you had them side by side. Is your Bell the new RX65? I think I saw that speed trap today when I went north about 11:00 am....but I got little or no signal. This morning however I did a laser warning at exit 80 (new camoflauged trooper car in plain biege) and that was my first radar blip in a few weeks.

Regards,
Aaron

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine is the only way to go... saved me many many times.

OP
OP
J

JACKED DADDY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aaron Why Dont You Meet Me Somewhere And I Will Put Your Detector To The Test. It Sounds Like You Will Be Sending Yours Back Also. My Cell Is 908 770-1575

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dennis,

I have no doubt the Valentine is better, I plan to upgrade shortly! (my ****** 8500 was a gift from a former girlfriend and I'm engaged to someone else.....if my fiancee ever asks...well I'm sure she'll throw the detector out the window....so shhhhh, keep my secret for just a little longer) As for meeting some time, hell yeah, I'd love to see the cars you list in your signature!!

I'll call you over the weekend.

Regards,
Aaron

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine lasted 4 years as well. but dang if it wasnt the best radar detector till then ans saved me too many times to count and for me to spend 95 to pop and adjust it, no problem...money well spent. that V1 is great.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the new ****** 9500i and it *****! I just sent up my old Valetine for an upgrade.

The ****** is going back...do not waste your money on it!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jacked, no i didn't. basically cause i didn't care. that V1 owes me NOTHING. if i told you how many times it saved my @ss and quite a few times at a speed id get tossed in jail for, you'd agree...:)