Value of a Hennessey Viper 1000, 2006

QuickOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like some folks to chime in on what a good value to buy a 2006 Hennessey 1000 with 3200 miles on it.
I had a post up, but it was removed for administrational reason. All things cleared up now, but I was hoping I could get some good advice from the enthusiasts here.
I need to make a respectable offer.

Thanks,
QuickOne.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advise on buying a Hennessey car. Run away as fast as you can.To many quailty cars on the market built by tuners with good reputations to risk a bad viper experiance with Hennessey

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advise on buying a Hennessey car. Run away as fast as you can.To many quailty cars on the market built by tuners with good reputations to risk a bad viper experiance with Hennessey

Well there you have it! I believe Tom has spoke the gospel here. :)

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if it's for a good deal?

What's a "good" deal? If I WERE to offer something. I would say honest decent price would be $95-100k AT BEST. For that money I'd much rather have a TT 06 built by another builder though (Heffner, UGR, ETC)

Last edited:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a "good" deal?

+1.

And who is selling it? If it's from Hennessey himself, be VERY careful. Very.

If it's from an individual, you should have 3 years of history from the seller as to any problems he/she has had. Is it well sorted or not? My Viper tech just rebuilt a TT system on a Henney car. When he showed me how it was originally put together, even I could tell some bonehead stuff was done. :nono:

Where is the car? Someone on the board could check it for you.

My car was built in the original owners garage because of the bad experience he had with Hennessey with his first car. He paid to fly the mechanics up here so he could watch them.

OP
OP
Q

QuickOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of offering 75K since I won't have any history of the car.
It belonged to someone overseas that was intending on exporting it. He has since passed away prior to them arranging shipping. The estate doesn't want the car, so here is where I stand.
If I can get the car for a good discount, IE 80K...Would you buy the car?
I know for a fact that the paint is perfect. Tires look perfect and that there is only 3200 miles on it.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It belonged to someone overseas that was intending on exporting it. He has since passed away prior to them arranging shipping. The estate doesn't want the car, so here is where I stand.
I know for a fact that the paint is perfect. Tires look perfect and that there is only 3200 miles on it.

That's not bad money I guess. But honestly I probably still wouldn't buy it. You'd be much happier in the end with another builders car. But that's my opinion and opinions my vary.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man, does this sound like a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do a search you will find out why he (Hennessey) had been banned from here -MANY cases of theft by deception (customers paying for paerts,services and NEVER getting them )

OP
OP
Q

QuickOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there you have it! I believe Tom has spoke the gospel here. :)

Man, does this sound like a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a scam...It's at my place of business. (Public warehouse). I have access to the car everyday.

I'm shocked to hear such bad reviews about Hennessey. I thought they were a stand-up company. That really is too bad!

I'm even more shocked that everyone says to run away from this car. It obviously makes me concerned for putting in an offer...Even at 75K...
So for everyone who is ANTI-Hennessey, what price would you take the car for?

Again, the estate that now owns the car, has no interest in the car and money is not an issue for them.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a scam...It's at my place of business. (Public warehouse). I have access to the car everyday.

I'm shocked to hear such bad reviews about Hennessey. I thought they were a stand-up company. That really is too bad!

I'm even more shocked that everyone says to run away from this car. It obviously makes me concerned for putting in an offer...Even at 75K...
So for everyone who is ANTI-Hennessey, what price would you take the car for?

Again, the estate that now owns the car, has no interest in the car and money is not an issue for them.

Just sounded like one of those "out of country" scams, no disrespect intended.
I have seen and worked with "H" cars, etc. Not worth the price imo.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Willowbraook Dodge Chrysler has a 1996 Venom 650R (Hennessey) for sale @ $99,999. I think it has about 20K on it.

Retail price on Venom 1000s was $225,000 if I remember correctly.

Ted

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willowbraook Dodge Chrysler has a 1996 Venom 650R (Hennessey) for sale @ $99,999. I think it has about 20K on it.

After all the H-car bashing, this makes me feel better..... :D

I paid around half that for mine with 4300 miles on it. AND I bought it knowing the guy who had it built.

OP
OP
Q

QuickOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you tell us where you are, maybe someone can take a look for you. Otherwise its all just a guess.

Mansfield, MA.

I would love for a member to come take a look, only if the current owners are open to selling the car to me.

I don't have a concrete answer, but I also don't think anyone has asked the question.

Thanks,
Brian

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would offer them $65K for it, otherwise just take the $75K and get an 08 or 09 Coupe.

I have known two people with Hennessey cars and both had MAJOR issues with it. 10 years ago he was the only guy in town, now I am certain there are better vendors to choose from.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tom sessions is dead on. id never buy a car that hennessey built.

especially the older, sorry blacksnake99

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a UGR or similar build on an 03, ballpark (with motor work) like 35 - 40K ???

If it's around there, you could pick up an 03 for $39,000 here on our classifieds, drop another 40K on a quality & warrantied system for about the same as your thinking of offering.

If it were me... I'd shoot lowball, and be happy if they take it. And, not be sad if they didn't... It's nothing special really.

OP
OP
Q

QuickOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a UGR or similar build on an 03, ballpark (with motor work) like 35 - 40K ???

If it's around there, you could pick up an 03 for $39,000 here on our classifieds, drop another 40K on a quality & warrantied system for about the same as your thinking of offering.

If it were me... I'd shoot lowball, and be happy if they take it. And, not be sad if they didn't... It's nothing special really.

Copperhead...
This is my thought process. After hearing everyone I'm thinking they (Sellers) don't know how much of a hurtin product they have, so if I low ball them for $50K...They'll laugh it off because they don't know of the trouble it will be.

I am now thinking if I get a deal on it, to flip it and try to make a buck on it. But again...After all the H bashing going here...I feel I might get stuck with a 75K lemon. And I'm not going to try to make lemonade with this thing!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The p[roblem is you can easily drop 20 K in the car if issues arise.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they want to sell it now, they would seriously consider all offers. The alternative is to throw it up on Flee-Bay and have it languish there for months/years fending off all the wacked out wanna-be bidders on a daily basis.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because someone once spent 50 k or 100 k on a mod (ESP WITH HMS )means absolutely nothing as that car is in the book for exactly what every other Viper of that age and mileage is going for.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It still amazes me how few people know about the true reputation of Hennesey. You just have to do some googleing and you will find all sorts of shady past dealings.

If a car had a Hennesey tag on it I wouldn't associate that with being a positive aspect rather a negative.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4