value of my 08?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just trying to get a feel what my car is worth because I was thinking of possibly trading it in on an 09? Any idea?
Thanks

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles and options? Violet is the rarest of the '08s. However a dealer might not care as much as a private buyer.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why get an '09? If you had a run of the mill '08 and can't stand the color, or if you enjoy throwing $30k or $40k out the window, I could maybe understand, but a violet '08 in good shape seems to be something you'd want to hang onto. Especially since you've already experienced the brunt of its depreciation. Just my $0.02.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally depends on miles. Right now 08s are in the mid 50s to high 60s for cars that are priced right (retail). Fully optioned cars that are untitled are the ones in the high 60s. There are still dealers that are asking $70+ for cars these days but anyone who has been looking has noticed that most of them are not moving.

As for Viper Violet, it is a VERY rare color, I mean VERY rare but I am not sure they will offer more for the color as it was not that popular. Think of Sapphire in 2001. I loved the color and owned it for years but it did not get me more money at sales time and also did hinder a little since most of the showier type of people wanted a red or yellow car.

Personally if you are in the lower mileage range (under 5K) I would say you are in the low $60s for retail. Trade in wise, I would not expect more than $58ish.

Good luck with the sale and let us know what you get if you feel comfortable.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say it worth in the 42k range which I will gladly give you for it!!! I might even give you my ford focus for free...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but rare when new generally means unwanted. Obviously more could have been made if the demand was there.

Best bet is to find a Vikings or Northwestern follower.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but rare when new generally means unwanted. Obviously more could have been made if the demand was there.

Best bet is to find a Vikings or Northwestern follower.
I think violet was in low demand for two reasons. Late in the model year (people didn't want to wait) and the Dodge website gave a totally inaccurate and unflattering portrayl of the color. It is a spectacular color in person. I agree with an earlier comment -- unless you are moving into some kind of wonderful '09 I'm not sure why you would get rid of of a Viper Violet '08. But hey, its your money. You made it and you can spend it however you like.

01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't listen to people saying mid 50's. Look on ebay, a red coupe (less desirable color) sold for $59,500. I say that because the color is desirable and it has stripes it sells instantly for $60k, pretty quick for low $60's and to the right buyer high $60's.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you want to lose a bunch or want a ACR(like me) I say keep it..!!! I was VERY lucky and found someone who gave me 80K for my SSG Coupe...:D To note my car only had 136 miles on it..If your car has low miles I would bet that and its rarity will get you 70K but you will have to wait..I would love to see that color in person as most of the new colors are best seen in person...Good Luck...Kevin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang