Value?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...I found a 1999 Silver RT/10 at a dealer in Missouri..... advertised as only 9,000 miles..... pictures show very well.... it has a Venzano (or similar aftermarket) leather interior that I am not jazzed about... but I am curious what everyone thinks a fair retail value is for this RT?

Thoughts?

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still available....

I was thinking I could find someone to trade interiors.... I think those interiors sold for $5K or more...... Not my style, but some people seem to like them.....

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK....so any VCA members in the area of Springfield MO who has seen this Viper in person? We've worked a deal that I feel comfortable with from a dollars perspective....I am working to make arrangements for getting the Viper to Florida...but I am curious if anyone has seen it personally??

Thanks

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Live in Ohio, and dealt with Chris and mainly his dad. I got only Excellent service from them. If they tell you it's clean you can believe them. Purchased my 08 from them and they made the whole experience excellent! They also arranged the delivery which was perfect. Not only did I trust them on the car I bought from them, They trusted me on the one I traded in to them. I know you would feel better if someone looked at it cause that was the way I felt. Couldn't find anyone to look at it for me and was really hesitant about buying a car firsthand sight unseen, but took a chance and was well pleased. Good luck, I'm sure you will be pleased and I'm confident that Chris or his dad will be upfront and honest with you.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's Premier you will be thrilled with the car,car will be story free and cleaner than an operating room!
I bought my Gen II there and can't say enough about the experience!
Good luck

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was specifically looking for a 1999, Silver RT....... it is Premier and Chris has been a great person to work with. I am planning to travel to Missouri to pick it up.... and bring/drive it back.

Mike, I am not sure what that date is, but I'll make it happen if I am not on a boyscout campout!

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was specifically looking for a 1999, Silver RT....... it is Premier and Chris has been a great person to work with. I am planning to travel to Missouri to pick it up.... and bring/drive it back.

Mike, I am not sure what that date is, but I'll make it happen if I am not on a boyscout campout!

:2tu: Good deal.

:usa:

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very disappointing ... after coming to an agreement and working for almost two weeks to get all the details in place to drive to Missouri the deal fell through!! Glad I didn't drive all the way to Missouri!!

I am very bummed out right now..........

ba$$fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really...sorry to hear that.

I sent them a message a couple weeks ago from eBay asking what their bottom dollar was on that car (before ever reading your post). They replied with $36k but it would have to be that day because they had somebody in FL that was planning on taking it but that it involved a trade in.

You probably already know this but should it turn out that you get the car...it has original rubber on it.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had agreed on a deal.... I was finalizing what I needed to finalize to bring it all together and to drive my trade up to them this weekend.... we spoke today and the deal just fell apart, my trade has 44,000 miles on a 2008 Shelby GT500..... they changed their minds on the deal. I don't know if they have someone who is going to buy it......other than the interior it looked like a great Viper... I'm really bummed out about it... I thought it was a good deal for both sides, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...... I just spent a lot of time over the last couple weeks...time that could have been spent on other things........ Life goes on..right.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry your deal fell through. I bought my first viper from them. Chris Guyer was who I dealt with. I don't think he is there anymore.

OP
OP
M

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
something was wrong with the car, or it was sold.?

I don't think there was any damage... it appeared to be a great Viper...sounds like other may have seen it in person and noted it has original tires.... but I was prepared to drive to Missouri and buy it sight unseen...... If you have the ability to just buy it and do the deal quickly I still think it's a great deal!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to hear the deal fell thru but there are a lot of cars out there for sale. just wait for yours and make it happen.

almost got to welcome another one to the silver club... :)