Valve and Shifter Issues --- Vin 284

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my dealer check with Dodge to see if my Black SRT vin 284 was on the valve recall list. Strange, but he was never given a list of the recalls thou he was aware there was a problem.
I have not gotten a letter, but I wanted to make sure that I was not affected by the recall. The word he got from Dodge was that the earliest cars were affected, about 200 vehicles.
My car was built in November and delivered right after Jan 1st. I read on the net that the cars affected had their motors built in January....this is a contradiction to what I heard today.
My car has 500 miles on it and now is running perfectly well. The short shifter makes the driving experience much better than the stock shifter.
The tall shifters in the vets and vipers make 2nd to 3rd fast shifts difficult, plus the awkward position of the arm being elevated is a pain. I also have a short shifter on my vet which I love.
:cool:

2003 SRT black
2000 GTS black - sold
2002 ZO6 yellow
1993 ZR1 anniv.
1967 427 yellow convert.
2003 AMG E55 coming in June

OP
OP
R

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have gotten a letter from Dodge, please post your vin number so that we can get an accurate picture of which vehicles were affected. It would also help to post the date manufactured or delivered.
Thanx

Reaction score
It is my understanding that cars built in Jan./Feb. had the problem. Including mine which came off the truck March 3, 2003.

Your was shipped before the Valve cars were assembled, if my info is correct.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is very unlikely to be affected. I would say that with almost 100% certainty. Be sure to read the original post regarding this issue as it addresses this completely. I have VIN 277 and am not even mildly worried. The affected cars had build dates of mid January to early March. I don't think the VIN's are produced in exact order (as has been the case for many years), however I have heard of a few in the late 500's - 700's as being affected. Again, there is NOT a definitive "grouping" of VIN's to my knowledge.

Those that were affected should have probably received a letter or gotten a call from their selling dealership by now. I know Woodhouse was trying to contact each and every affected buyer personally that bought from them. Another benefit to buying from a dealership that KNOWS Vipers and not just one that will discount it the most at the time... (sorry, had to make that plug for all of the dealers that work hard to earn our business - Woodhouse, Roanoke, etc.).

Chris

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you want us to post our VIN? Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot, don't you think?
Think about it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire