Vanity Plate planning. Think I have it . . .

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after muuling it over for a month, and being bummed that my favorite idea for a vanity plate "BRUTAL" was taken, the Girlfriend and I blended up a pitcher of margueritas yesterday, sat down with the dictionary and thesaurus, and decided to pick a plate (she is going to take the car down for me on Thursday and get the inspection, title and plate work done). I had originally thought "V10MOJO" would be good then realized that is a pretty famous handle here on vc.org and did not want to be a copy-cat. Was bored by stuff like "SLVRV10" and "SLVRGTS." We recently got an "organ donor" plate here in Arizona and I thought that might be kind of funny given the dangerous nature of the Viper, but found out that it is bright/safety green and you only get five characters. Thought of a kind of Viper inside joke plate "NOSTRPS" but when I spelled it out I realized it looked like nose strips as much as no stripes.

So I look up Viper in the dictionary and find: "any of a group of sluggish, heavy bodied, old-world venomous snakes." YIKES! Sluggish and heavy bodied. Never knew the car was so mis-named. So staying away from Viper, and wanting to highlight V10, girlfriend suggests looking at words that start with "ten" to add on to the back of V10 to get an interesting plate. Used this method and I think I have a true reflection of the car in my planned vanity plate: "VTENSE." Wadda ya think?

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know dude. You will get alot of different views on this matter. I have "YOUWISH" on my plate and you would be suprised how many people love it. I know it sounds arrogant/cocky but people all comment "yeah I do wish" it's all in fun. The reason I picked it is because so many were saying "I wish I had that Viper" thus YOUWISH was born. lol

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HORSPWR

VETS ****

RAZRS EDG

VETEATER

RLRCOSTR

C MY V10

NO SPDLMT

CPT KIRK

KICK ***

IT'LL FLY

RD BURNR

DV8

9 INCHDICK

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1494ViperGTSshine_012-med.jpg

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about IT IS (WHEN PEOPLE SAY MUST BE NICE)or my favorite UPD4IT (YOU PAID FOR IT) wife would not let me use it .self employed very very very small town.Remind's you of Mayberry.Still waiting for mine FLOORIN

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen 'VIPE OUT' around here somewhere, which is one of my favorites.
Or why don't you just go for 'NUFF SAID'...

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I like the vanity plates, they're are just too easy for someone (Johnny Law included) to "remember" if you do something stupid

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how many silver w/steel gray striped Vipers there are in your town but where I live if someone was doing something stupid in a Viper the cops would be at my door to investigate. Even if my plate number or name was or wasn't recorded. Get the vanity plates. Your driving a unique car, have a unique license plate !!

Bo knows

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that if you get stopped by a cop, he has to write down your plate number. Then it has to be entered into the system.
If it get's improperly written, you might get off.
So how about plates that are made to be troublesome?

"1I11I1II"

"NONE"

"MISSING"

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember an urban legend about someone that got the vanity tag "missing", and, as soon as he received the tag, he started receiving ALL of the tickets written for cars with missing tags, because officers would write "missing" in the blank. Like I said, probably an urban legend, but made for a funny story that you might not want to test - you'd probably want to avoid "none" and other similar notes for a missing tag. :)

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a silver car, variations of...

XCALIBR
LNCELOT
SiLVeRBLveT
VYBR8TR
MISSSLE
SiLVeRDaRT
SPeaRHEAD

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just picked up an 02 Final Edition GTS (#357 of 360) and have the plate "LASTGTS".

Good luck.

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered SICK V10 for a California plate. I even put a space between the SICK and V10.

Mike