Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA
NEW JERSEY REGION, INC.

PRESENTS

VIPER DAY AT POCONO INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2005

The Viper Club of America, New Jersey Region, would like to invite all Viper and other specialty/performance cars to our event at Pocono International Raceway. Let your engine breathe the mountain fresh summer air of the Pocono Mountains while negotiating the challenging turns of the infield course, and then letting it all hang out in the front straight, NASCAR turns 1 & 2, and then launching down the Long Pond Straight. Test and tune your machine while enjoying a fun packed day of performance driving on the main sports car course at Pocono. The day will be split into alternating groups: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. Limited introductory instruction will be available for novice participants. All groups require a Snell 90+ Helmet. This year space will be limited so sign up early to ensure a spot. Power is available to run tools on the Pit Wall and Garage Area at no charge. Anyone desiring to utilize Pocono’s electricity to power RV’s , trailers, etc., during the event will be required to pay a fee of $25.00 per day. The money will be collected in the morning by the Lease Coordinator or Security. If you wish to drive up the night before or to stay after the event, the local hotel is Best Western Inn (800-780-7234).

Track Opens at 7:00 am - Drivers Meeting at 8:00 am - Hot Laps start at 8:30 a.m.

THIS IS AN OPEN EXHAUST EVENT.

Please call Robert J. Carroll, President at (732) 714-8500 with any questions.

Mail Registration Form and Payment to: Robert J. Carroll, Michael & Carroll, P.C.
501 Broadway, Suite 201
Point Pleasant, New Jersey 08742

$325.00 per driver (includes continental breakfast and lunch) - $375.00 per driver day of event.
Spectator Fee (breakfast and lunch) - $25.00. Please make checks payable to: New Jersey Viper Club

*All Drivers participate at their own risk; liability waivers will be required of all participants.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Name _______________________________ Phone _____________________________

Address _____________________________ Fax: _____________________________

City, State, Zip ________________________ Email: _____________________________

Year __________ Model __________ Color __________ Car # __________

VCA Member: Yes _____ No _____ Other Club Affiliations: _____________________

Driving Experience: Novice _________ Intermediate _________ Advanced _________

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls I just sent my check in whose going? Hey Tony this is your chance to whip my butt LOL

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woo hoo!

I was at your event last year and I plan on attending again this year. Looking forward to it.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully if our motor is back in time we will have our WCGT car there for some testing. Time to get our Traction Control and launch control working.
Hope to see you guys there!!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, I ask again......where is all the AX timing equipment that was bought by the NY/CT Club, and can it be used at Pocono? I've done that course plenty of times and I'd like to know my times. We had times done at the A. Martin event at Limerock, why not Pocono?

Hey Poizenous......any word on this equipment ???

Andrew

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mailed the check today. Bob, if you are monitoring this thread, could you confirm receipt when it arrives?

Thanks,

Phil

Andrew:

I have a hot lap timer which we can share. If we are in different run groups it's no problem, if in the same then we'll have to use it every other.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew:

I'm not exactly sure how they are defined in this case, but typically somewhere in the middle (with PDA I usually run blue which is the faster of the two intermediate groups)

Phil

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if I lowered the car and improved the handling, I'd easily be in the red group. That's the next mod. I just feel to much lean of the car coming onto the front straight and into that turn 1, but I'm fine coming out nof turn 1, and I love the infeild.

AC

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew ,lean is ok there, it will point the car and allow you to put some power down sooner.Make your car work for you.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had an idea, something we normally don't do. What about I pick up a 6 foot Italian wedge for lunch that day ?

I can pick it up that Wednesday night, bring it with me Thursday morning. Anyone in ?

AC

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares! I've had the lunch there, it's nothing to brag about. Who couldn't go for some real good food instead of that fake stuff the have there? It doesn't take long to order, so over the next week if more guys want to do it, I'll take care of it. Let's see.

I'll get some nice stuffed peppers on the side, hot and sweet dried sausage, a little provolone, fresh Mozz..... It's almost worth going just for that.

Andrew

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get some nice stuffed peppers on the side, hot and sweet dried sausage, a little provolone, fresh Mozz..... It's almost worth going just for that.

Andrew
How about a little wine, then it can be just like a Porsche event. LOL!!!! (j/k)

My check is in the mail.
I'm lowering my car this week.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to start a argument about food.I was just stating that food was included, in case you didn't know. If I go I would gladly chip in for anything anyone wants to bring along extra. It going to be a last minute thing for me at this time so I can't give a definite answer