VCA priority on 2013 cars

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any truth to "VCA members will receive 2013
cars first"?

Two, somewhat conflicting comments from Ralph interviews.

First, VCA members will be moved to the front of the line.

Second, some dealers dropped the Viper because of the past allocation program.

There, now you're as confused as I am.:dunno:

IMHO, there will be some attention paid to VCA membership but not to the exclusion of everyone who puts their money on the line.

By the way, if all 26,000 Viper owners buy a Gen V that will keep Viper in production for about 12 years.:rolaugh:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would just go with the first comment.

The second idea that some Dealers dropped the Viper due to the allocation program is an extremely vague sentence, and is open to all kinds of interpretation, based on whether you are actually talking about true allocation, service requirements ( now or in the past), turn and earn programs ,etc. My suggestion would be to simply go with the first and completely ignore the second, as it is a notation that really has no substance to work with.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought SRT's comment on the allocation system had to do with 2003 and the coupon program. It was bad for the dealers because if you had the coupon you could go to any dealer and get your Viper. Without the coupon, the dealer could not get the car. So the dealers who had sold a lot of Vipers in the past more or less got screwed. Under the 2013 plan, the dealers who have supported Viper through thick and thin are protected, and VCA members get priority when ordering. Sound right, Bill P.?

Bill

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't they just sell cars to who is willing to put out the cash? I thought they were trying to expand their market. -not that it matters to me, but if they are too selective about who can or can't buy a Viper, who do they think is their market?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shouldn't they just sell cars to who is willing to put out the cash? I thought they were trying to expand their market. -not that it matters to me, but if they are too selective about who can or can't buy a Viper, who do they think is their market?

I don't think they are being selective. They are rewarding the VCA faithful with priority building of cars. Anybody should be able to buy a Viper but if you are a current VCA member you are gonna be first in line. :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won't run out.
Does anyone seriously think they won't be able to get one if they have the money in hand?
Wouldn't that be counter productive to SRT's hope to expand the Viper market?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True----they won't run out. However, there were several price increases during the 2008 model year. The flip side to that is if there is not enough demand, dealers will discount. I remember visiting Conner during the VOI in Detroit and being told all the 1550 2008 models were sold. Turns out they were sold to dealers---not actual customers. The rest is history....auto industry collapse and big time discounts on the 08's and 09's. I paid 15K less for my black 08 than my blue car. Place your bets....

Bill

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Smog Dog -- that is basically pretty close , though not entirely correct. Good enough so it doesn't need a lengthy dialogue. Allen the idea that any Dealer can get a Viper just because he wants to put up the money is , frankly, what got us in the mess we are in now. Some were able to do that, but they only did it when it benefited them, and then they did not get their Techs trained , they did not buy specific tools, etc. They wanted to play on their terms and not be accountable, and the consumer suffered the most. Poor service, no committment to the brand, etc.

SRT wants Dealers who are going to be loyal, accountable, passionate, and driven to assist the consumer and the brand. LIke all other makes , allocation is earned by past sales and a turn and earn program -- you have to sell them to get more.

To allow a Dealer just to get something because he wants it will not happen again, as the management in place now is passionate and extremely committed. They expect the Franchises that sell this legendary machine to be on base and be every bit as focused as they are .

There are only around 4,000 Viper Club members, and that includes the Worldwide membership. To allow the faithful to get some priority in ordering is just a corporate thank you and in reality it will likely only affect 300-400 sales -- keep in mind one can not order cars for overseas members, Canada will have to take care of their own customers, and with 1500-1800 being built a sell out is quite possible. We have an inordinate amount of deposits from non Viper owners , so that says alot, but as noted often, membership has it's privileges , so one should be thankful that SRT sees value in the Club and will reward members in a meaningful way.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari seems to have done OK in sales by giving priority to current owners. Their plan is always to build one less than the demand, so prices and demand stay up. Chrysler now has a parent company with that example available to it.

If the demand is strong for Vipers, and CAAP stays with one shift, we could see strong prices.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari seems to have done OK in sales by giving priority to current owners. Their plan is always to build one less than the demand, so prices and demand stay up. Chrysler now has a parent company with that example available to it.

If the demand is strong for Vipers, and CAAP stays with one shift, we could see strong prices.

Amen....

Bill

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smog Dog -- that is basically pretty close , though not entirely correct. Good enough so it doesn't need a lengthy dialogue. Allen the idea that any Dealer can get a Viper just because he wants to put up the money is , frankly, what got us in the mess we are in now. Some were able to do that, but they only did it when it benefited them, and then they did not get their Techs trained , they did not buy specific tools, etc. They wanted to play on their terms and not be accountable, and the consumer suffered the most. Poor service, no committment to the brand, etc.

SRT wants Dealers who are going to be loyal, accountable, passionate, and driven to assist the consumer and the brand. LIke all other makes , allocation is earned by past sales and a turn and earn program -- you have to sell them to get more.

To allow a Dealer just to get something because he wants it will not happen again, as the management in place now is passionate and extremely committed. They expect the Franchises that sell this legendary machine to be on base and be every bit as focused as they are .

There are only around 4,000 Viper Club members, and that includes the Worldwide membership. To allow the faithful to get some priority in ordering is just a corporate thank you and in reality it will likely only affect 300-400 sales -- keep in mind one can not order cars for overseas members, Canada will have to take care of their own customers, and with 1500-1800 being built a sell out is quite possible. We have an inordinate amount of deposits from non Viper owners , so that says alot, but as noted often, membership has it's privileges , so one should be thankful that SRT sees value in the Club and will reward members in a meaningful way.

Bill your factual input is always welcome and appreciated. The misinformation on this forum is nauseating.

viper2000rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dealers who want to order a 2013 viper have to pay a
$10,000 fee to be able to order one for a customer. Some dealer said forget that, thats why they can't order the new viper.