VCA trip to 24Hr of Le Mans June 22-23, 2013

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
24 Hours of Le Mans 2013
June 22-23
Viper Club of America group trip to France!

This thread is being started for those who would be interested in going on a Viper Club of America group trip to France to see the 90th running of the 24 hours of Le Mans.
Please post here if you have an interest in getting information about the trip.
We are anxiously awaiting the Viper GTS-R's invitation to participate in the race.
Once that is set in stone, we will be looking into hotels, ground transportation, etc.
We will be taking a few days to tour Paris then on to the race.
Our man in France, VCA Ohio member David Hardman, will be assisting us with interpreters/guides for those attending.
Information will be posted here as the planning for this great trip evolves.
So get get your passports in order. This is going to one heck of a trip!

History always repeats itself...
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Regards,

Randall Arnold
National Vice-President/Elect Viper Club of America
President Viper Club of America Ohio Region
National Charity Chairman Viper Club of America

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a few of us UK guys attending, I would be interested in seeing what your up to or should I say, where you plan on staying for the trip? I could also be tempted in the Paris bit, but I will be in my viper, so for me security / parking would be very important.

If anyone wants a ride around the Le mans area in my Viper, you would be most welcome. One of the places to go on the Friday morning (before the race) is to the British welcome at St Saturim (just outside Le mans) Here's a link :)
http://www.classicbw.org/

Its a free car show and each year they chose a different Marc of car to celebrate. Many of the people traveling down to Le mans stop off for an hour or so to look at the cars

Having not ever been to a VOI, I look forward to meeting you :)
Mark
:uk:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,looking forward to meeting you also. :)

Some pics from 2012 24hr Le Mans. Chrysler shipped the GTS-R show car over as a static display. Our guy David acted as interpreter for Dominik at the Chrylser display.

You must be registered for see images attach

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider me already signed up :yay::yay::yay:!!! I take it everyone will probably fly into France directly?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALREADY BOOKED!!!!!! see you all there....

Spent a long time in the SRT stand last year with Bryan, Matt and Dominik.....

Bring it on:headbang::2tu:.....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few Baz pics from Le-Mans 2012

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had some great times at Le Mans over the years, the drivers parade before the race starts is a great afternoon set in Le Mans town center, a short hop on a tram from the track into the town

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I can attend but its just too early for me to register now :)

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope I can attend but its just too early for me to register now :)

Understood. Just getting the buzz going. Chrysler needs to be invited first (don't think that is going to be a problem). Once that happens, we'll get start getting everything put in order. :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D Hotel is booked...will be there...in/with my SNAKE :drive:....hotel rooms in Le Mans will be a problem for late (now) bookings!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things around Le mans get booked up fast. I normally camp, but if your in a Viper or other nice car there are many campsites you do not want to be near!
Here's why

http://youtu.be/hGyqKJ--2EU

There are many 'NO GO' Zones due to the amount of guys there on stag Do's French police seem to turn a blind eye to most of it. This year I stayed on a secure walled campsite with its own private bar, TV, showers at Tet Rouge corner.
I had easy access in and out of the circuit without having to deal with the idiots. There are other campsites (off circuit) which you can choose, some offer a mini bus service so you can leave your car and they drop you at the circuit, then pick you up later.

Most of the main ACO Campsites on the infield of the circuit, you will have to run a gauntlet of drunk English, Dutch and Danes. Friday is the worst day for this, but it goes on on other days too. Some love the antics, its all good fun until something goes wrong!

Camping Houx gets booked up fast, it had numbered pitches. The Le mans tourist office is Helpful for tickets.

You will require a General entrance ticket. This gets you inside the circuit, inside the Village, standing areas at the bases of the main grandstands on the outer side of the circuit, entrance to Arnage corner and Mulsanne corner.

There is a really good tram system which takes you from Tet Rouge corner on the circuit to Le mans town center. On the Friday afternoon, all the drivers arrive in the main town square and are introduced to the waiting crowds, then they climb on board various cars and there is a parade route around the town with the drivers throwing freebies to the waiting crowds.

Here's a good website for a survival guide :)
It gives you details of campsites etc :) http://www.beermountain.com/

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then this is a real problem that should be tended to FAST!
Its part of Le mans, that's just how it is :( It starts off in the morning OK but by lunch time the Beer has been flowing and then people get carried away :(

Don't get me wrong, you can avoid much of this, but you need a fair bit of knowledge of local roads and alternitive routes. I first went to Le mans in 1982 and have been to quite a few since. I was there when Vipers first started racing, remember seeing Derek Bells last race, saw the ORECA Vipers in their prime, then when Viper left the scene I started supporting the Pratt and Miller Corvettes.

Im happy to help in any way I can.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a safe hotel room and the ability to witness historical racing times with good Viper folk :)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a safe hotel room and the ability to witness historical racing times with good Viper folk :)
Not a problem, but you will pay a premium for Hotels in Le mans its self. But the tram system could get you in and out of the Circuit, no problem.

To give you some idea of costings for this weekend check out the camping prices on these sites ;)

http://www.teamlangoustine.com/campsite-map.html (I stayed with these guys this year).
http://www.clubmotorsport.org.uk/24carspackage.html
http://www.1st-tickets.co.uk/events/lmpricesto.html
https://www.selectmotorracing.com/Le_Mans/ho_lemans.htm

All the above is just some helpful info.

I too am looking forward to seeing what the Guys in the VCA come up with and I will not be booking anything else until I know this :)

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have just relocated to Germany and left my Viper in the US; this could be a great outlet to meet up with some fellow owners as I missed VOI. I will be watching this thread with interest!

-mb

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-mb: on my way to Le Mans, usually, I :drive: by Lake Constanze :D on the north side, across Black Forrest to Colmar, France - our first night. See you!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did find this 25km south west of Le manswww.domainedebelair.comWould just have to sort out mini bus to get everyone back and forth to the circuit :)But to be honest, I would rather be near all the action ;)
If it is enough that the minibus seats 26 give me a ring I could come down with the one we have at work :) If that's not enough we have 3 busses with 50+ capacity and one that seats 70.Just let me know who's paying the bill and I will talk to my boss that whatever people want to rent needs to down to Le Mans!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked through Booking .com, 40 hotels in Le mans, only one hotel still has rooms available, 4 double rooms. 3 nights £1325.00 each room! No secure parking :(
Thursday 20th June to Sunday 23rd June 2013

Told you this gets booked up fast! :(

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry. Looking into rooms in Angers, France. Beautiful town and lots of hotels under $100. David lives there. About 90 miles from Le Mans.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90 miles? Thats a +2 hrs commute one way...especially with all the roads closed for the race around Le Mans!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck! the hotels are booked within 25 miles anyway...:eater: or have horrible rates :rolleyes:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP, looking at putting my bucket list together for next year and need to know if I need to start getting a group together to rent a van and drive down, or that I need to follow Arjen's idea and arrange for a ride in Viper style.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude