VCA Website Subsidized by DC???????

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topics negative to the SRT have been edited or deleted. I can understand that they changed the rules so only constructive comments apply to the SRT forum as they were getting blasted with negative comments. It was a stupid that someone would ask a legit question about the SRT and someone would say "***** anyway, who cares." That does not help anyone. What I don't get is why was the topic of "Take negative comments somewhere else" (originally started in SRT and is probably still there) deleted off Snake Pit when he did exactly what they wanted. He took the topic, quoted the original guys message, and commented on it. So why was it deleted? I watched it post in snake pit and then disappear.
It's my understanding that consumers of new Vipers get a complimentary membership with the VCA. Who picks up the tab? Is it DC or the VCA?

I just would like to be "on the level" as far as what's goes down here.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
This is the mystery of the dissappering Threads. I had many of mine deleted in both the SRT section and even in the Snake Pit! I honestly believe whether anyone will admit it or not, that someone in DC is giving one of our hidden moderators some pressure.... Sick, wrong and disturbing.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You've got it all wrong! The VCA website doesn't need any subsidies! It actually is enjoying a fairly self sufficient history!

...and so is the VCA!

Once again, the moderating policy set up for SRT "spamming" was based on the philosophy of eliminating redundant posts on our website. Broken records get B-O-R-I-N-G and annoying.

We appreciate all your input... and DC surely sees it as well... but it's time to move on lads! As many have said, "what is done, is done". Luckily, there's still plenty of Gen2's out there for those that want the old style ... and for those that believe "change is good", well, your ship has come in as well.

Time to move on.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark O: Joe gave you the answer:

"Once again, the moderating policy set up for SRT "spamming" was based on the philosophy of eliminating redundant posts on our website. Broken records get B-O-R-I-N-G and annoying."

Now that you have an answer, you will stop posting asking for one, right
smile.gif

As for the original question, The first year of membership is DC sponsored, the regions also support the practice (in a way) as the first year dues the region recieves are lower.

FYI, DC does not pay one red cent to support the VCA site. As a matter of fact, not one single penny of a members VCA dues is used either....

OP
OP
B

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:

"Once again, the moderating policy set up for SRT "spamming" was based on the philosophy of eliminating redundant posts on our website. Broken records get B-O-R-I-N-G and annoying."

smile.gif

As for the original question, The first year of membership is DC sponsored, the regions also support the practice (in a way) as the first year dues the region recieves are lower.

FYI, DC does not pay one red cent to support the VCA site. As a matter of fact, not one single penny of a members VCA dues is used either....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't agree more with "broken records" as pertains to deleted posts on the SRT forum. That's history.

However, I do not understand deleting posts that are non offensive and within the "rules."

Please help me understand.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert:

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jay,
HOWEVER, you have to remember that one of the benefits of VCA membership that is WIDELY ADVERTISED is increased privelidges onthe board. We can post pictures, have a VCA Member Status etc. This, in fact is the ONLY reason I joined the club. I live over 150 miles from our club meets and can rarely attend. Actaully I dont even have to be a member to attend.

Since this is an advertised benefit, OUR dues are correlated with this site. The VCA uses this as a tool to attract members. most members doint go to VOI. You can get Viper magazine for substantially less than the price of membership. So waht do we really get? Its obvious that privelidges ont his site are a big part of them!!! The way the VCA manages their funding of websites is not of my concern. The moment that this is offered as a benefit of club membership, I expect that I will be able to use these priveliges 100%of the time that I am a member. just because the VCA handles billing and accounting differently is not the job of members to manage. When you get offered a job, and they say you get disability benefits. I dont care how the company pays for it. I jsut care that I get those benefits. This is an agreement between the VCA and all members. No one has the right to prioritize why we join the vca. We all have different reasons. Mine was by-in-large this board. So there IS a realtionship between the board and the dues. Dont try to cloud the issue.