VEC1

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the VEC1 from Sean @ roeracing. I was wondering how hard is it to install and how much time. What settings should I use with the modifications in my signiture?? thanx !

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
takes about 45 minutes or so very easy installas long as you can follow instructions. 2001 rt/10 set mine at low +4 high -20.
good luck on the install. hope your as happy as i was when i installed mine.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not difficult at all to install. Cut a wire, splice a couple wires.

Sean has great color pic illustrated instructions that will walk you through the install.

Start with the recommended settings and "dial it in" per the instructions and watch the led-s.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend drilling a 1/2" hole just behind the pcm and 1" below the main wiring harness. Be sure to get a 1/2" grommet.
In my opinion this is easier and better than slitting the clutch boot and is an option per the instructions. Take your time and it will take 1.5 hrs. then the next one you will do in half the time. ta

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who say "happy with the results", what do you mean? Better SOTP feel? Better dyno #s? Why did you get the VEC1 ... are you running NOS and need that sort of control?

Curious.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The toughest part of the VEC1 install is the wiring connections under the dash ( a tight fit for hands and upper body ). Once you get that done the rest comes together in about a half hour. I also drilled a hole below the pcm, this is much easier.

Eric, the VEC1 gives you a power surge in the midrange that you can feel, it also gets rid of the fuel stink after a WOT run that you normally get with all vipers

Steve

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for all the info. I ll keep you posted on how my installation goes !!

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I recommend drilling a 1/2" hole just behind the pcm and 1" below the main wiring harness. Be sure to get a 1/2" grommet.
In my opinion this is easier and better than slitting the clutch boot and is an option per the instructions. Take your time and it will take 1.5 hrs. then the next one you will do in half the time. ta "

Ditto
P.S. I'm happy with mine also. 99 RT/10 with exhaust and airbox with low setting on +8 and high at -14.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery