vec2 question

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 gts w/sc and vec2 threw a code #175 (right bank too lean). After resetting the code it came back on after several miles. I am very new to tuning and wanted to know if someone could walk me through my vec software and make an adjustment to cure this issue.

Also, is there any kind of tutorial available so I can learn the software? I am really interested in getting intimate with the car!;)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to see what your long term fuel adaptives are. I had a similar problem. If the computer is trying to hard to input enough fuel....and can't....it will set that light. You can change the closed loop base injector set on the fuel page to add more fuel if your adaptives are running too high.

Steve

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. I did look through the tuning forums but could not find what I was looking for. At this time I am not familiar enough with the vec program to try changing things that I know nothing about. Also, will I cause any damage by driving the car running rich untill I can figure it out?

Bill

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. I did look through the tuning forums but could not find what I was looking for. At this time I am not familiar enough with the vec program to try changing things that I know nothing about. Also, will I cause any damage by driving the car running rich untill I can figure it out?

Bill
Where are you located? If you live near an accomplished tuner your best bet is to have it professionally tuned, IMO.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my wife's 01 GTS I had the same code and it turned out to be the rear 02 sensor. What I did was switch the suspect bad 02 Sensor with the other side and clear the code with the code reader. Waited and sure enough it came back on the other side Bank 1 sensor.

Put new 02 Sensor and all was well.

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Central Florida. The car has already been tuned by a local race shop familiar with Roe (Raabe Racing in Daytona Beach). It runs very well except on these occasions when it throws a code. I just want to learn to make any adjustments in the software and make a diagnosis myself instead of paying the shop every time something needs to be tweaked.

ACELLR8, I will look into the o2's. The fronts are fairly new.

G

grcforce327

Contact Roe for the instruction booklet(bunch of papers stapled together),and start there!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have the same problem, runs rich but gives me lean codes. Sean Roe said that is normally because of a bad 02 sensor.

Ted

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the same problem, runs rich but gives me lean codes. Sean Roe said that is normally because of a bad 02 sensor.

Ted

It is virtually impossible to tune without a wideband or logging system - everything you do will be a guess and perhaps it could be a dangerous guess. The running lean code can come from something as simple as a misfire, contrary to belief a misfire will show lean not rich.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, but my laptop says it can't open com port 1 so my logging efforts are still in the works. I also have an '06 PCM in my car. The '06 computer doesn't count misfires and I no longer get check engine lights for that reason.

I can smell how rich it runs and my silver stripes have turned gold around the exhaust pipes. My mileage has dropped from 25 - 20mpg as well. I'm too busy with life at the moment to get much time to work on my car, but I'll get there.

Ted