Vegas locals... anyone a regular at LVMS quarter mile track?

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently moved here from SoCal, and noticed that there is a midnight mayhem going on this Friday (08/25). Is this something worth checking into, or will I have to prepare for hours of waiting to make a pass?

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recently moved here from SoCal,
----------------------------------------------------------
Just couldn't wait for VOI? :D

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alternative - don't waste your time with the Midnight Mayhems. They usually get a ton of guys wanting to run which will cut down your track time. Also they get alot of front driver guys who feel the need to go through the box, even on streets. The better place to get some decent track time without having to hassle with all the ricers and the water they drag up the track is the Test 'n' Tune that take place in the evenings. Yeah, the temps will be higher, but you'll get in more runs and the track will be better prepped.

Our region is planning to hit the track 9/15 as a group to give the guys who are going to VOI but don't drag a chance to get some experience before the event.

Come out to our next region meeting and hang out, even if you're not a VCA member. You can get more info at http://www.nevadavipers.com.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i liked going to the midnight mayhems. sometimes you do have to wait a bit to run earlier in the evening, but usually later on you can get a lot of runs in.

the only tech portion you have to pass is registration and insurance, so for the quick guys without cages, this is a good event. t&t they kick you out if you run in the 10's.

are you still running the n2o setup on your car alan?

OP
OP
Alternative

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys.

Brad - you mean drive it like it should be driven... I don't thrash my car ;-)

Moparman - I'll try to make it on the gatherings, but you can count me in on 9/15.

Viper TT/10 - yes, still running nitrous. Best pass on BFG's 10.90 at 132mph. Still need a lot of practice...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96