Vegas "under the lights"- NASA in August

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas \"under the lights\"- NASA in August

I just signed up for the August 9-10-11 NASA event in Vegas ( Under the lights)..... http://www.nasaproracing.com/nevada/
It looks like a great event and I heard the HPDE driving school part is very fun. this will be at the speedway on a 2.5 mile course....You can even get a air-conditioned garage at the track for the whole weekend ($150.00)

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Vegas \"under the lights\"- NASA in August

Jorgen,

Look forward to meeting you. I will be there instructing for NASA HPDE. You will have a blast under the lights!

Dave

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am signed up for HPDE3 and hopefully move to HPDE4 throughout the weekend....I just orderd my rims and tires from Purdue....
See you there!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I normally run HPDE 4 with NASA, unfortunately I'm committed to the Mopar Speed Festival at WSIR that weekend, too bad I'd LOVE to run on the oval.

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I raced there last year and man was it hot!!! I like the idea of racing under the lights. The garages are NOT AIR CONDITIONED I know I rented one. They just have big fans in the garages.

So how many Viper are going to be there?? I would like to run there also.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i live in vegas. how much to enter? should you put on new tires ?or do you have to put on some real tires?

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trent:
i live in vegas. how much to enter? should you put on new tires ?or do you have to put on some real tires?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the NASA web site for prices (good chance it's full by now though).

As for tires, I have just run my stock tires when running the car for schools. In fact, I wouldn't use the slicks on a banked track since it increases speed and can make adhesion go away quickly. (If you are going to lose the tires, lose them predictably so you can recover.)

Have fun! I am thinking of bring the Viper to Charlotte to use in the school with NASA in September. We had a blast racing the Cobra the other week.

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just got back....What a blast,,, this is what the Viper is all about... we were pulling 140mph in the straights and the course was 2.4 miles with 12 turns in all....I am most definetly going to do this event again and others like it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187