Velocity: Three part mini-series; Carroll Shelby - King of the Road

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunday, I watched the three part mini-series, Carroll Shelby - King of the Road. It was interesting and full of all kinds of details and facts on his life, the AC Cobra and spin-offs, the Ford GT 40, Oldsmobile, the Ford Shelby Cobra Mustang and derivatives, and his racing career with Maserati, and how he brought the "House of Ferrari" down.

There was one obvious to me, omission though; his association to Dodge and more importantly, to the Dodge Viper as Performance Consultant.

Still, highly recommended viewing for anyone that has not yet seen it. It will repeat through the week on Velocity.

Attachments

• Dodge-Viper-2.jpg
    Dodge-Viper-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 8

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed that it was mostly a Ford Advertisement--at least the last 2 parts. They told nothing personal about the man--heart transplant, kidney transplant, or family. Also nothing was said about who will run the company. I know the special was shot in 2011, but everyone knew then how bad he was. It was interesting to watch but it left a lot out--Dave

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was disappointed that it was mostly a Ford Advertisement--at least the last 2 parts. They told nothing personal about the man--heart transplant, kidney transplant, or family. Also nothing was said about who will run the company. I know the special was shot in 2011, but everyone knew then how bad he was. It was interesting to watch but it left a lot out--Dave

Yeah, that really annoyed me. I think if I'd be pretty mad if my biography was turned into an advertisement. No word about the viper or his later years really. They made it sound like his life stopped after the 60's.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Totally agree. There was a 30 second blurb on his involvement with Chrysler. I immediately deleted Parts 2 and 3 which are nothing but Ford ads. RIP Carroll but you made Ford not the other way around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang