Venom Twin Turbo 9.92 @ 150.4

Reaction score
Went to the track last night with a bunch of guys from the Houston Viper club. Venom Twin Turbo Viper runs 9.92 @ 150.4.

On a side note, I was happy with consecutive low 10's @ 143. the whole night, but the big event was the turbo car.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
SW drove the car. We were the only vipers there. Getting out of the hole was the hardest part last night. The twin turbo had a 1.70 60 foot, but that car has som much power it had a easy time making it up. My best 60 foot of the night was a 1.64, I ran a 10.20 @ 143. We were just happy to get to the track and made every pass under a 10.40

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chalk up another 9 Second Viper from The Houston Viper Club.
and at a 150MPH!!! for you Drag Racers, that car was at 116MPH at the 1/8 mile!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is SW brought out his new Lighting. he Ran a 13.0@ 107 and then again in the low 13's all night. He said he did catch a 3rd in his Rig.

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on another 9 Second Viper from Texas.

The Florida Posse has been working ******* our cars all winter. But, I have got to admit... you guys are a tough act to follow!

116MPH in the 1/8 and 150MPH in the 1/4 is absolutely incredible.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan, ALbert makes 740RWHP with a 200shot of gas. UniTrax Halfshafts with over 150 runs down the track with no signs of giving out.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed all the fun!
pissed.gif
Sorry guys, couldn't get out of the office. I sure wish I could've seen the 9 sec pass though.

Great job Team Hennessey! Prashant tells me you're now part of an ELITE, small group of only 6 Vipers to accomplish this feat.

Amazing.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who is in the 9 second 1/4 mile club? Are they ALL from Houston, Texas??

Lets see:

Albert C. - Houston
John H. - Houston
Steve U. - Houston
Mark H. - Houston

Who else??

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
Venom Twin Turbo Viper runs 9.92 @ 150.4.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet it was cool watching the parachute deploy. He did have a parachute didn't he?

Congratulation John.
smile.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RECOIL:
Would a Serpent 605 with a 200 shot hit the upper 9s?

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah! Steve has a Serpent 555 w/ 200 shot and he's part of the Elite 9 sec club!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did enjoy diving the TT. It does pull real hard, and can overpower the clutch if your not careful. A few more tuning issues and I think it will run 152-154mph. It's time to step up my Toyota!!

SW

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok here is the list that I have (and I do have this on a plaque given to our club from TNT)

Ken Addington
Roy Terpstra
Mark Heidecker
Tony Kirk
Albert Chlouber
Steve Ueligger
John Hennessey

Sorry if I missed informed you Trey it is now 7 Vipers
out of that group Roy Terpstra best ET and Hennessey Highest MPH.
Look for SW and his new Viper to make it an even Quick 8 next month!
ITS GREAT TO BE IN TEXAS!!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
So far there have been only 7 cars in the 9's and 3 of them are no more due to wrecks, sold and brought back to stock form. 4 cars remain all from Texas. Serveral new Texas members are getting ready to lay some smack down and have already commited that they will run a 9. There are many cars capable of running a nine, but it is really harder than most think.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put an automatic trans in the TT John and run low 9's no problem.

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The whole deal about getting into the 9's is a V 10 motor, stock tire and rear end, and standard transmission. Not as easy as most think.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stock tire??? You mean ET Streets and skinnies... right?

Please tell me you guys didn't make those runs on Michelin Pilots!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSchillinger:
Hmmm...interesting question. Hopefully, Welch, Furman, 1BadGTS, the Nases, etc., will all pipe in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bryan,

I'm not sure if they're all from Houston, Tx but Prashant told me that 5 of the cars were TNT cars, the final one being Hennessey. So I guess the only Vipers to make it in the 9's came from Tuners from Houston. And if Roy was still w/ HMS - then that claim could've been narrowed down to 1 source! But I believe TNT was the only tuner to accomplish this until now.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of us have gone into the mid to low 10's with our snakes. I for one was running 10.60's at 135MPH in my Gen.1-1993 RT10 Venom 600 in 1995. The jump into to the 9's is bigger than most realize. that extra 5/10th of a second needed to take a Viper into the high nine's is a big jump! Congrats to JPH for the fantastic runs with the Twin Turbo. I would look for mid nines at 155mph plus out of this car after a few tweaks.