Vertical doors on a Gen 2.

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know I know dumb and childish question...

But is it possible to put vertical doors on a Gen.2?

I've had the guys at West Coast Customs look at my car a couple of years back when they were out here in Vegas.

They said it could be done but..... The tooling to do them would be fairly expensive.

I've also heard there's some guy in Dubai that has a Gen2 ACR with vertical doors, but no one has ever had a picture of it.

I've always wanted to do this to one of my ACR's just to see how it would look like and also to see if it could be done. :rolleyes:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always wondered what this would look like too. I can't imagine it would be a good mod though.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture was in my mind too but I have to admit I am curious to see what it would look like on a Viper

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My guess is that it'd look like a 55 gallon drum of fail.

The hinges are tucked pretty far up underneath the hood, so opening the doors without opening the hood would be a nightmare. Even if something was fabricated to clear it, your doors would either a.) NOT be vertical and instead make a big-ass V (for "viper" perhaps?) or b.) they'd have to be stuck out so far from the body of the car to clear the hood AND be vertical they'd look more like Optimus Prime or a Koeniggsegg.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dave had a GT2(White with blue strips for those who don't know), what color would the hood vents be???

Back to the vertical doors, anything can be done if you have the coin to do it. The question is how good would it look and how well would it function. I think Jasontiff answered the question by explaining how far the door would have to hinge out before it could make it's upward swing. It kind of defeats the original purpose for which this type of hinge was created.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is meant to move, not stand still... any "improvement" made for the Viper at rest is pointless.... well except for brakes. :D

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave seriously think about it if you need a few Shiners (100's) let me know I have a big fridge loaded bud!

I really enjoy the Shiner Bock.

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey maybe you could put some 22's on there to ? Maybe even some fuzzy dice and pin stripes ? If you wanted a lambo you should have bought one. Dont screw up what is already a great car...

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the price point for getting into a Viper continues to drop, you will see more questions like this.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just look at my ACR's do you honestly think I would try it? Wishful thinking that's all!

My question "was" could it be done?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How would you get out? I say leave Lambo doors on Lambos. But it's YOUR car so if it makes you happy then do it. :)

You must be registered for see images attach