Very Viper Orange (VVO) paint surcharge

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the VVO carries a surcharge of $600.00 over any of the other Viper metallic colors? The Snake Skin Green, and Graphite Metallic do not carry a surcharge. I don't get it?

Tks in advance for the explanation.

B

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my window sticker for my '08 there is a charge for SSG to the tune of $600.00 The only colors there were not a charge for on the GEN IV's was Viper Red and Black

F

FrgMstr

They know it is sacrilegious to paint a Viper any color other than Red (and OK, Black) so they charge you for your insolence. ;)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do you get a credit on the bill if you get yellow? It only seems fair that they give you some money back since you can't keep up with the others. :)

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do you get a credit on the bill if you get yellow? It only seems fair that they give you some money back since you can't keep up with the others. :)
OOOoooh, that's a cold shot!!

It is interesting that Copperhead Orange is so far up the speed chart that no one dares mention it...

I have to say, the Snakeskin Green does grow on you, though, at first I was put off, now I love it! Way better than the old pastel DayGlo green (AKA Kawasaki green) Dodge used in '69-70, though I'd take it on a sportbike.

F

FrgMstr

No, the $ credit is so that someone will actually put their sensibilities aside and drive it away. ;)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They know it is sacrilegious to paint a Viper any color other than Red (and OK, Black) so they charge you for your insolence. ;)

Umm, hello!!! Wake up my little red friend. Dodge clearly marks up the price of "other" colors besides red and black because they know people will pay it. When a customer comes in and sees a red viper, then sees a paint mark up, they normally will just laugh and walk away (except for a few misguided red fanatics). Red=No premium for being slow

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VVV also had the same $600 upcharge...you are not alone

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Certain odd ball colors cost more to paint. Multiple layers of paint are required for certain odd ball colors such as oranges and bright yellows which require a specific sequence of colors to be laid down. Need to keep this in mind if you ever need body work done. If a paint shop just puts down that color followed by a clear coat... it will NEVER match.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang