Vette engineer on the Viper

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both a 2005 SRT 10, and a corvette convertible, which I have had for several years. I really like both cars and won't sell either because they are really great cars. That having been said, let me tell you a short story.
I was driving down the Garden State Parkway in my Viper one night and a car load of girls pulled up along side me and asked me to pull over to the side so they could take pictures with my car !!!! Of course I said no, so they proceeded to pull up in front of me and hang out their windows at 70 mph just to take pictures of my silver Viper coming down the road. I can assure you that has never happened in my vette. Guys, the VIPER is a very special car, a corvette cannot match it no matter how much HP they put in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People look at your car going down the road not your engine and the Viper wins hands down!!!!!!!!!!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool story. thats another thing that the Z06 will never be. it will be a supercar BUT IT WILL NOT BE EXOTIC. your gonna see them all the time.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"a car load of girls pulled up along side me and asked me to pull over to the side so they could take pictures with my car !!!! "

You must be married! :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the C6R uses the same frame as I think the aluminum is not legal

Why wouldn't aluminum be legal? No laws on type of metal in a chassis. Ford GT, BMW Z-8, Lotus Elise to name a few are all aluminum chassis cars.
Because that is what the sanctioning body stated. None of the other cars mentioned are actively run in the LeMans series (GT class I believe).

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got that right and too much to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C6r uses a steel frame. Aluminum is not allowed for teh c6r because the production C6, which came before the new Z06, uses a steel frame and so must the race version.

I don't believe the C6R uses the same frame as I think the aluminum is not legal

Why wouldn't aluminum be legal? No laws on type of metal in a chassis. Ford GT, BMW Z-8, Lotus Elise to name a few are all aluminum chassis cars.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because that is what the sanctioning body stated. None of the other cars mentioned are actively run in the LeMans series (GT class I believe).

Ahhh., Thanks for setting me straight.

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The regular C-6 frame is steel. The Z0-6 frame is aluminum for weight savings and it is much more flexible. Even the steel frame in the C-5 model was not as stiff as it should have been. The real problem will be the higher compression ratio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang