Vette Guy a Viper Admirer

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, the South Texas VCA comprised of some Vipers from San Antonio and Austin, went on a short jaunt out west of San Antonio. In route to our final destination, we stopped momentarily in Harper, TX. A loan Vette appeared and the driver approached. He commented he had never seen so many different generation Vipers together in one place at one time, and asked if it would be okay to take some pictures (Cell Phone camera).

Three photos:
Our stop location and some of the parked Vipers.
Loan Vette observable in the upper right corner.
Vette Driver walking back to his Vette after taking several pictures.
The whole incident for me however, was kind of "Surreal". It was my first "Viper Drive" and was kind of an unexpected but really cool experience I thought I'd share.

Attachments

• Vette-Guy-1.jpg
    Vette-Guy-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Vette-Guy-2.jpg
    Vette-Guy-2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Vette-Guy-3.jpg
    Vette-Guy-3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 149

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who loaned it to him? :rolaugh:

Nice pics.. thanks for sharing..
which one is your Viper?

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who loaned it to him? :rolaugh:

Nice pics.. thanks for sharing..
which one is your Viper?

The distant red GTS with white stripes, which are add on. The near 02 GTS is the real deal, and is No. 60 of the final 136 edition 02 Vipers. It was a real honor and privilege to meet the owner.

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sweet! nice GTS man.. you cant tell the difference between the addon and original stripes..

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction on the 02 Final GTS Number. (360) My error.

Here is the plate on his Viper:

Attachments

• Lone-Oak-Store-21.jpg
    Lone-Oak-Store-21.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few additional photos from our Viper Run. Hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• SATX-Target-Parking-Lot-2.jpg
    SATX-Target-Parking-Lot-2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Lone-Oak-Store-41.jpg
    Lone-Oak-Store-41.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Lone-Oak-Store-40.jpg
    Lone-Oak-Store-40.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Harper-Pit-Stop-18.jpg
    Harper-Pit-Stop-18.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Vipers-on-the-Move-5.jpg
    Vipers-on-the-Move-5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday, the South Texas VCA comprised of some Vipers from San Antonio and Austin, went on a short jaunt out west of San Antonio. In route to our final destination, we stopped momentarily in Harper, TX. A loan Vette appeared and the driver approached. He commented he had never seen so many different generation Vipers together in one place at one time, and asked if it would be okay to take some pictures (Cell Phone camera).

Three photos:
Our stop location and some of the parked Vipers.
Loan Vette observable in the upper right corner.
Vette Driver walking back to his Vette after taking several pictures.
The whole incident for me however, was kind of "Surreal". It was my first "Viper Drive" and was kind of an unexpected but really cool experience I thought I'd share.

Good Pics Mike, hope you had a good time. Gets a bit rough on two lane roads when you have to pass hay bails and such, but it was a great drive, not any twisties on this one but there are coming....

OP
OP
M

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kurt,

The wife and I had a really great time. It was probably the perfect drive for a newbie out on a first-time Viper Drive. Fun, but not overly demanding. I'm trying to sign up for the Driving Class out at the upcoming Viper Days (Sep 2 -4) to be held at Bryan/College Station; but I'm confused about membership category. All I want to do is the two days of Driver Training (No racing). But I'm not sure about the membership difference, as it is not explained. Do I want the $50.00 membership; or the $25.00 membership? I haven't paid anything yet, as I don't know which is the correct membership to still get driving training, but no racing time.

Anyway, I took a lot of pictures and if time permits, I'll attach some of the better photos to this thread. I need to figure out how to delete photos already posted from the "Manager" photo loader. They are starting to accumulate. You are quite right ..... it was a perfect day and perfect drive for the RT / 10 s.

It was also great seeing Joe's #60 of 360 final edition 2002 GTS Vipers. Always wanted to see one in person - and now I have.

I'm very much looking forward to the next Viper Drive. I'll be out at the Coffee and Cars get-together this Saturday. Hope to see some members there. It will be interesting to see what kind of "Exotics" show up. I'm sure it is different each time.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I'm trying to sign up for the Driving Class out at the upcoming Viper Days (Sep 2 -4) to be held at Bryan/College Station; but I'm confused about membership category. All I want to do is the two days of Driver Training (No racing). But I'm not sure about the membership difference, as it is not explained. Do I want the $50.00 membership; or the $25.00 membership? I haven't paid anything yet, as I don't know which is the correct membership to still get driving training, but no racing time.

... I'll be out at the Coffee and Cars get-together this Saturday. Hope to see some members there. It will be interesting to see what kind of "Exotics" show up. I'm sure it is different each time.

Glad you had a good time, afterall that is what this is all about! I am sending out a new link as for Viper Days as the VCA does give a discount. You should not have to be a member of NARRA to register. The link is http://dev.narraonline.com/component/juser/register.html I'll be there as well! We have quite a few people signing up, should be a good turn out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang