VETTE GUYS CALLING US WIMPS?

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Doug Levin and asked him if he was going to the Viper_Corvette race held by Breathless Performance on the 4th. Doug said he was afraid of Corvettes because they think we are all a bunch of wimps. lol.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm usually a man of peace and good will, but this riles me up a little. Viper Nation relegated to the term "wimps".
I spent two hours today entertaining a parade of people coming to my work, asking to see the "guy who owns that grey Viper outside". Being the gentleman that I am, I obliged, repeating the same stats over.
When I had my '02 C5, no one ever asked to see the engine or get down on all fours staring at the rear tires.
Sorry, but I've got to cool my head a little.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm usually a man of peace and good will, but this riles me up a little. Viper Nation relegated to the term "wimps".
I spent two hours today entertaining a parade of people coming to my work, asking to see the "guy who owns that grey Viper outside". Being the gentleman that I am, I obliged, repeating the same stats over.
When I had my '02 C5, no one ever asked to see the engine or get down on all fours staring at the rear tires.

LoL :headbang:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,
It's different w/classics, of course. I begged a guy to sell me his '57 last Sat. 61k act. mis. Someday I'll own a '67.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing, I don't mind being called a wimp, maybe I am.
But when someone either disparages my wife or my Viper, I will deal with it. I'd appreciate leaving my teddy bear out of the conversation, as well.

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AT least we don't list the logo air stem caps on our tires as a performance mod.

Look at your own sig, just as bad. :rolleyes:

98 GTS- B&B Headers (Jet-Hot Coated)
VEC1
1.7 Roller Rockers
K&N's
Smooth Tubes
Snake-Oyl Rear Muffler Delete
EBC Green Pads
MGW Shift Knob

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AT least we don't list the logo air stem caps on our tires as a performance mod.

VEC1
1.7 Roller Rockers
K&N's
Smooth Tubes
EBC Green Pads
MGW Shift Knob

Hahaha......That was funny......This is why you should think before you post....Too funny :D

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VEC1
1.7 Roller Rockers
K&N's
Smooth Tubes
EBC Green Pads
MGW Shift Knob

TOUCHE ! :D

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BELLY BUTTON CARS....HIDING BEHIND THIER NAPOLEAN COMPLEXES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO WIN......

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is at the same track as our Florida V-10 Nationals in Bradenton, Fl.

But I personal called them and tried to make them the last day of our Florida V-10 Nationals ...I told them I was a Viper owner and they put me on hold for 10 minutes and would not pick up.

Their event was orginaly scheduled for Superbowl Sunday, then the weekend after the Fl.V-10 Nationals and then to April 4th.

Cudaman :usa:

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Corvette owners calling Viper owners wimps? ***, kettle, black.

It's funny when you see most Vettes on the road nowadays and alot of little old ladies driving them too!

Becoming more and more of the "Grocery Getter" than ever, not to mention you see about 50 a day.

Dime a dozen if you ask me!

(coming from a former vette operator ;) )

When I think about it all, my Viper therapist says im going to be okay and that all of these Vette owners are really just insecure in their vehicles :2tu:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's funny when you see most Vettes on the road nowadays and alot of little old ladies driving them too!

Becoming more and more of the "Grocery Getter" than ever, not to mention you see about 50 a day.

When I think about it all, my Viper therapist says im going to be okay and that all of these Vette owners are really just insecure in their vehicles :2tu:

That could not be further from the truth. The other day, I was driving my daily driver and say a very cute looking Korean **** driving it. :cool: And I think she was going to the store...

Oh...I remember a very funny time, I was going to the bank on a nice sunny day in HI and right as I turned into the parking lot, I saw this Vette with the license plate "DRMMCH" I am assuming it stood for Dream Machine. So I pulled right past him and got out of my Viper. This guy was not in a parking stall, saw me get out of mine in shorts, t-shirt and rubber slippers (prefered footware in HI). And the guy just pulled away in disgust. It doesn't help that I was about 1/2 to 1/3 his age... :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, that's reality!!

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good one! Not to mention, values of these C5's will plummet below $20K once C6'***** the market - if not already. The best lines from Corvette owners are - dude, I can hang with you and my car cost 1/2 of yours (viper). Hell, I can get a car 1/2 the cost of C5, running as fast if not faster (ala, cheap pos mustang gt with boltons) :laugh:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sbkim is right. I'm rethinking this thing. When the C6s come out, I'll get a C5 as a family hauler. Think about it girls, a C5, w/30k mis. for mid teens. I may do two.
sbkim, you are a genious.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you said that about getting down on all 4's to show people the rear tires. I was eating at Dairy Queen last night and a kid pulled up asking for the owner of the blue Viper parked outside. The guy really wanted to get on my good side he asked if the Viper had a v-6 or a v-8 in it. :rolleyes: He ended up being a cool guy. After I finished eating we went out and checked out the Viper and he did get down on all 4's to check out the tires. You gotta love it!!! :headbang:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen some of these viper owners and they look pretty wimpy if you ask me.

:D
Not me i'm 6'0/215 and ripped. :p Did you have any luck in selling your Viper?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is that it old man? Im 4 inches shorter than you and 25 LBS heavier. hahaha. :) :) :) .

Yeah! It sold in 5 days. Shes going to NY.

What stinks is, on the way back from lunch, I saw a lowered RT with nice big wheels on it. It was painted a metallic copper color. It was too sweet. I dont know why Dodge never offered that color. It the PERFECT color for that car.

THANKS!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is that it old man? Im 4 inches shorter than you and 25 LBS heavier. hahaha. :) :) :) .

Yeah! It sold in 5 days. Shes going to NY.

What stinks is, on the way back from lunch, I saw a lowered RT with nice big wheels on it. It was painted a metallic copper color. It was too sweet. I dont know why Dodge never offered that color. It the PERFECT color for that car.

THANKS!
Wow 5'8 and 240. Your a big-boy!!! Congrats on selling your ride. Did you sell your blower?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to not take the blower off. I figure the car was built for a blower so why mess with it. Someone got a really sweet deal.

Man. We sure hijacked this thread.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to not take the blower off. I figure the car was built for a blower so why mess with it. Someone got a really sweet deal.

Man. We sure hijacked this thread.
Make sure you change your used-id to Viper wantta-be oops I meant enthusiast. :D