Vic is a great guy!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone - long time no post as I've been in transit. I wanted to let everyone know what a great time I had in LA last weekend.

Time was tight but Vic very kindly had offered to catch up with us while we were there, so after a morning meeting last Monday we drove from north LA to south and spent the afternoon and evening with Vic and his lovely wife and had a great time. Vic even took the afternoon off work - wow - I felt bad about that - but so grateful.

It was wonderful to finally meet someone I had chatted with much over the months online via the club and email etc. I look forward to being able to meet a lot of others too.

Vic decided we need to blow some cobwebs off the GTS, and who was I to argue with him - afterall he is a pretty big guy! lol

So we headed off up this mountain pass and after clmbing 3500ft got this awesome view over a lake way down below. He then pulled over after turning around and said.... "Your turn!"

Vic - you poor trusting soul!

hahhaha

Here I am - coming from a land that only drives right hand drive cars on the left hand side of the road - I've been in the USA two days, my wife (an American) has driven the rental across LA, now I'm driving his GTS over a narrow, winding mountain road, descending 3500 feet!

did I ask you if you had life insurance Vic?

lol - I really appreciated your trust Vic - but was never going to abuse it. So I did try to be a very good boy rather than put the car through its paces. What I can say is how impressed I was with how Vics car handled and drove. It sounds great thru the Corsa exhaust, and those adjustable shocks and elibach springs really work

Very easy to drive, soaked up the bumps, and very very tight - no rattles, no squeaks, just taught handling. We later headed onto wider, straighter roads and Vic strutted the Viper's stuff and we had a blast!

Man I wish we had a video on board for that "Fast n' Furious" blast - I'll always remember the cry "we are SOOOO going to jail if we get caught!!!"

hahhaha - that was a great line man - but I never felt in danger - you drove in control and I appreciate that! I'd explain to everyone what we did but in case there's a few cops out there I'll refrain.... lets just say it is fast, and there's a few in LA that night who could agree with that.

Thanks Vic for all your hospitality and that of your wife - you were both great company, we had a great time, your car is very impressive and looks very sharp in that midnight blue, and the food and wine were great! We owe you man, and look forward to returning the favor!

Thank you so much for making us feel welcome - it meant a lot Vic :headbang: :2tu:

Barry

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sure got you people fooled! heh heh! :D

You're welcome Barry, it was fun, real fun. But thats the most I have drunk in quite a while, and thats also the fastest I have ever driven on my local street! Not that I was legally drunk or anything, you know, sometimes its just a state of mind...<cough cough>,<wink>!

I shoulda gave you one of those bottles for Jason....

Wish you the best in your new direction! :headbang:

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pass was in south LA - not sure of the name of the lake - but it is a very scenic drive...

plus for the record - both Vic and I were COMPLETELY sober....

just thought I'd throw that in

...at least I was

Vic??

Is there something I should know?

hahaha
:D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm so sober, you can pick me out in a room full of Secret Service men, 'cause I'm the quiet, reserved one. :)

picflight, we went up Ortega Highway to Lake Elsinore, down here in Southern Orange County. Its a lot like Angeles Crest, but with a big lake at the top

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte