Video at the track

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run. Do you need to wait for a point with that group or were you just being courteous/safe by waiting for the point? Seems the folks in front waited till a straight to point (or you scared 'em)!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl, Looked great and congrats again on those super times! Seemed like your fast lap was the one after you got by Dan at the exit of 9? Noticed you stay mid-track going into 9. Hope your viper's OK, mine's up at DC trying to sort out all the sensors. Look forward to seeing you at Jim's Spring event, would apppreciate a ride in your passenger seat. Mike

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couteous/extra safe. It was open passing but it's for fun.

Nice run. Do you need to wait for a point with that group or were you just being courteous/safe by waiting for the point? Seems the folks in front waited till a straight to point (or you scared 'em)!

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Turn 9 still scares me so I tend to leave a little more room on the left. Also, I think by not having to watch the edge so close I can rotate the car better and get on the gas sooner and not totally mess up by missing the turn in point. Turning in late to 9 means you either you scrub off speed trying to get the car down to the apex or you pedal trying not to go to the outside edge. Too early is a seperate problem.

Carl, Looked great and congrats again on those super times! Seemed like your fast lap was the one after you got by Dan at the exit of 9? Noticed you stay mid-track going into 9. Hope your viper's OK, mine's up at DC trying to sort out all the sensors. Look forward to seeing you at Jim's Spring event, would apppreciate a ride in your passenger seat. Mike

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great vid! I love watching in-car stuff. Look forward to popping my road course cherry at Mid Ohio next year.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turn 9 still scares me so I tend to leave a little more room on the left. Also, I think by not having to watch the edge so close I can rotate the car better and get on the gas sooner and not totally mess up by missing the turn in point. Turning in late to 9 means you either you scrub off speed trying to get the car down to the apex or you pedal trying not to go to the outside edge. Too early is a seperate problem.

Mid track is perfect line at #9, like I tell my students stay out, stay out, stay out and just when you think it's time to turn into the apex I tell them to stay out another beat, turn in too early will put you in the dirt. You don't need to scrub speed as soon as you do your steering input by staying mid-track you have a great angle I hit the gas before I even hit the apex I am on the gas and it carries me out to the track edge and by getting on the gas so early I carry some great speed into #1 (PMUM taught me this) . Definitely a very late apex turn.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great vid! I love watching in-car stuff. Look forward to popping my road course cherry at Mid Ohio next year.

Hey WDW MKR,

We run at Mid-Ohio all the time Its my home track along with the other 4 Vipers in our little group. We are always welcoming more. We attend alot of P-Car days there. Shoot me a pm when ur ready.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Video! What kind of mods do you have done to your car? Especially what Oil pickup mods? Seems like that track has some long, fast, corners.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video and driving. How does someone get started on this 'drug'?

Easy, just select an organization (NASA, ReZoom, NARRA etc) and sign up for a HPDE (High Performance Driving Experience) for a weekend at a track near you. Generally beginners get an instructor which is a great way to learn the line, car control, and some situational awareness. Once you scream around a road course for a day or two, you'll be hooked. Give it a try!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But wait, there's more...... this just in - Professor Dell will make an appearance at Barber on Saturday in his new turbocharged, completely insane Ariel Atom! Worth the price of admission!

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice Video! What kind of mods do you have done to your car? Especially what Oil pickup mods? Seems like that track has some long, fast, corners.

Baffles and autosump. However, it appears it's not enough.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey WDW MKR,

We run at Mid-Ohio all the time Its my home track along with the other 4 Vipers in our little group. We are always welcoming more. We attend alot of P-Car days there. Shoot me a pm when ur ready.

Fantastic! PM sent.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, you're in TN so Barber Motorsports isn't too far for you. A bunch of us will be there this weekend at the ReZoom sponsored event. The weather is supposed to be perfect (70's and sunshine) and Barber is about the most pristine track in the country. Here's the link in case you can make it

[url]http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FA67F60B-00DA-3D0E-859BC58A622B9B54[/URL]

Man, I would LOOOOOOVE to run around Barber. I lived 1hr north of their for almost 6yrs. That is the most beautiful track I've ever been to. Loved watching bike/car events there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960