Video Game: Project Gotham 2 for Xbox

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone playing this yet? It is for Xbox and works over Xbox Live for competitive play. They have a Viper to drive, but I haven't unlocked it yet. If anyone wants to play online, look for my Gamertag of "Bushwick".

iwantaviperbad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not me. I picked up Need for Speed Underground for ps2 today. Love the game! Too bad it's pure ricer. Just like Fast and Furious movies. It'd be perfect if there were a viper in it :) It also lets you play online on ps2 only.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is it? And is there a good steering wheel, pedal combo for x-box?
I have one, but christ I havent used it for probably 6 months (X-box)...

Love gran turismo...is it anything like that game?

OP
OP
J

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is it? And is there a good steering wheel, pedal combo for x-box?
I have one, but christ I havent used it for probably 6 months (X-box)...

Love gran turismo...is it anything like that game?

I think I paid $49 for the game. I haven't seen a good wheel for Xbox, so I'm playing with the joypad.

Project Gotham 2 is a little less realistic than Gran Turismo, but the online portion is great. It does widescreen 16:9 if you have that option on your TV. And lots of cars, including the Enzo. Way fun. Get it, then add my Gamertag "Bushwick" to your Xbox Live friends account, and we can link up to play. I drove the SRT-10 this morning, and it was a blast.

You can set up a race, and make everyone have the same car, or same category of car, or anything you want to race. Lots of options and tracks.

throttle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Iwantaviperbad u can play the pc version online too.
Just wanted to add that.

Eric

iwantaviperbad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't know that eric. but oh well. i use my pc for work most of the time (except for when i'm on a few forums i read - vca, 4wheeler, r1, etc), so when i wanna game, i go to my trusty consoles - gc, xbox, ps2.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun game -- my biz parnter went to Comp USA to get some office supplies and comes back and throws the game on my desk. Killed about 6 hours of my life the next 2 days afterwards.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hated PG racing one SOOOOO bad, I almost refuse to buy PG racing two. The 'competitive' drivers cheat so much, it's just not fun. Maybe someone can talk me into two if the 'cheating' was toned down in the new version.

OP
OP
J

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hated PG racing one SOOOOO bad, I almost refuse to buy PG racing two. The 'competitive' drivers cheat so much, it's just not fun. Maybe someone can talk me into two if the 'cheating' was toned down in the new version.

What do you mean by "competitive" drivers? Do you mean the cars that the game would create to race against you in single player mode? If so, I haven't played the new Project Gotham 2 Racing in single player mode enough to compare the two games.

But the nice thing about Project Gotham 2, is that since it's online, the publisher can regulate cheaters by disabling Xbox Live accounts for people who are cheating. I've played mostly online, and haven't run into any cheating problems yet. Very fun game. You might want to try a rental first.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good game. Almost through single player. The computer still cheats when you are racing against it. Amazing how it is always just behind you waiting for you to mess up. That's ok, I use demolition derby tactics to win anyways.

S/CDaveNY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay you Play Ghost Recon Island Thunder ? PG2 is pretty good. My Gamertag is BILLY33 Mybe I will see you on.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other cars you race against in 'street race' Kudos challenge will cheat to win. It ****** me off when you're driving well and a red F50 Ferrari comes up and spins you into a wall and you have to reverse while it keeps going. I'd like to have a few words with the programmer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery