VIEWING AND UPLOADING PICTURES INTO YOUR GALLERY

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there has been alot of confusion over this subject lately, so i would like to try my best, and hopefully give those who are confused, some direction on how to view your galleries and upload photos into your galleries.

first, you will need to locate your gallery, so go to the VCA HOME PAGE.

in the top menu bar, look for the word MEDIA, and click on that.

located slightly down from the top, in the middle of the page, it will read MEMBERS GALLERIES. ALL members galleries are here for the time being.

To view your photos or upload photos into your gallery, you will need to be logged in.

another menu bar, at the top and to the right, reads:

Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout (or Login)

if it says LOGOUT, you are logged in and are set. however, if it says LOGIN, then you are logged out, and will need to login.
so, click on LOGIN.

here, you will need to enter your USERNAME, and a PASSWORD. hit submit, and you are now logged in.

NOTE: your forum password may not work as your photo gallery password! try using the same, but if it does not work, you may need to request a new password!

if you wish to see YOUR gallery, or wish to UPLOAD photos in your gallery, look for a menu bar near the top, and to the left, that reads:

My Photos · My Favorites

click on MY PHOTOS. you should now see your gallery.

to upload photos into your gallery, look again for the menu bar at the top, and to the right, that reads:

Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout

click on UPLOAD PHOTOS.

click on a BROWSE button to help the VCA computer locate the photo ready for upload. repeat if you have multiple photos.

click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to upload the photo(s). NOTE: depending on the size of the photo(s), the upload may take some time. so, please be patient.

THAT IS IT!

if you are still having troubles, shoot me a pm and i can talk you through it over the phone. also remember - YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE multiple VCA forum windows open! THIS HAS HELPED ME ON MANY OCCASIONS!

i hope this helps!
BIG

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So what happens if you have half of your photos in the
shutdown gallery and half in your member gallery?

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are the "shutdown" galleries brian?

if you want pics in your member gallery that are located elsewhere, can you save the pics from your "shutdown area into your computer, go into your member gallery, then download them into your member gallery?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big;
Thanks for helping since I certainly have had problems with the new process.

So let me get this straight.........Once I am logged into the forum I need to log into the media section again? The media section will not accept my forum password or username .........I don;t know which? I can;t seem to log in.

Its asking me to register? Do we need to register again?

Thanks
Patrick

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big;
Thanks for helping since I certainly have had problems with the new process.

no prob!

So let me get this straight.........Once I am logged into the forum I need to log into the media section again?

that is what i had to do to finally get into my gallery, so i am assuming that this is the required procedure. if in the main gallery screen, you see the word "LOGIN" at the top right, then you are not logged in.

The media section will not accept my forum password or username

you can try it. but i had to request a new password to login into my gallery. so again, it appears that this is the procedure right now. you may need to play with it and see what works for you. it is hard for me to know for sure esp since i dont know for instance if your username and your gallery names are the same. some are and some arent and i dont know how you registered yourself and your gallery initially.

Its asking me to register? Do we need to register again?

click on LOGIN, then in the next screen that comes up, type in your GALLERY USERNAME, and request a new password while in the gallery section. should work and get you logged in.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I followed the instructions precisely, however when the screen that read 'processing images list' came up, it threw an error:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x67 -quality 70 -geometry 100x67 -unsharp 10 '/srv/www/vhosts/gallery.viperclub.org/public_html/data/500/thumbs/img004.jpg'

I am using Firefox 1.5...any ideas??

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I followed the instructions precisely, however when the screen that read 'processing images list' came up, it threw an error:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x67 -quality 70 -geometry 100x67 -unsharp 10 '/srv/www/vhosts/gallery.viperclub.org/public_html/data/500/thumbs/img004.jpg'

I am using Firefox 1.5...any ideas??

Everyone is getting that error message. They are working to get it fixed. For the meantime, just upload your photos on www.photobucket.com :2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"There has been a lot of confusion" because this forum has always been difficult to post pictures or avatars. I continually see members asking questions about this including myself. I spent weeks trying to get an avatar photo uploaded to no avail. Other auto forums I am a member of make it very simplified. When you add a thread or respond to one, it simply has a BROWSE block to search for your photos to upload from your files, and does not make any difference whether you have photo bucket, kodak, picasa, or any other folder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4