Vinyl Stripes

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:)I'm thinking of adding silver stripes to my solid red GTS -00.
Does anybody know the correct colour code of the silver stripes ?
I'm not going to paint them but whould still like the correct silver as per 1999 & 2000 year models. Also anybody know the dimensions and positioning on the car? How wide should each stripe be and apart from each other?

Greatful for any info. :) Brgds Rickman

Last edited:

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had my GTS striped. I would think the paint color code would not do a whole lot of good because the vinyl does not come in infinite shades like paint does. Someone may have a good vinyl recomendation though. I used Emery 3mil HP on mine.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my own stripes in the "I've Been Striped" thread. I did black and well there appears to be only one shade of black. LOL. It depends on whether or not you want a matte (dull) or glossy finish. Mine were 8" wide, 4" spacing.

Depending on the manufacturer of the vinyl, the colors will differ. Best bet it to get a sample from some of the vinyl vendors and pick the one that best matches what you're looking for. There's a seller on eBay that's selling vinyl stripe kits for Vipers. It consists of FDC (3M) 2100 series cast vinyl and he seems to have the standard Viper stripes colors available. What I don't like about the kit is that the vinyl does not come with backing paper. Since the vinyl is thin (2 mil) it's pretty easy to scratch the vinyl during installation. You can find this vinyl online and most places will send you samples.

In fact, I like this place: Ordway Sign Supply's Vinyl Vending Machine Click on the 3M or FDC premium vinyls and you'll be also to see a color chart although the grey's don't show up well. I think this place will send you a color sample pallet. I think Silver or a light Grey would work for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you fellow viper brothers...:2tu:I'm convinced now! I'm gonna do this very soon...I'll post some pictures once done.

Brgds Rickman:)

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat black, courtesy of Bernie at BJMotors. :headbang:

P9270291.JPG

P9270296.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member