Vinyl Wrap

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to post some pics of my new wrap. We decided to do Matte Red with single ACR stripe :headbang: Got too many looks and thumbs up on the drive back home from the shop! Completely changed the look of my car. Thanks ViperJon and Shine for helping me with the stripe :). Pics taken with my Iphone, will be doing a photoshoot this weekend.
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gotta say the silver with black wheels looked great to begin with, but this is definitely the draw of a wrap IMO - instant color change with the option to change back when you want. Looks great, very clean. Can I ask, for those potentially considering wraps...

1) Is the matte finish difficult to clean and keep clean?
2) How well will it hold up against road debris (is it comparable to a clearbra)?
3) How long did it take to wrap?
4) How far into the door jambs, underhood, and trunk areas does the wrap go (can you see the silver color when everything is closed up)?
5) What could one expect to pay for a complete car wrap?

Thanks,
Doug

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would of left it silver. Looked better in my opinion. Not a fan of matte anything.
But as long as you like it, its all good.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only seen one other matte red viper and your's looks much better. The black wheels, top and stripe combo looks nice.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. If you decide to go back someday, what is involved with bringing the paint back to life? Does it need a glaze and buff and you're back to original shine?
What would it cost to remove?
Mike

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only seen black until this. I did not like the black, but man I have to say I really like the matte red!!! Looks very cool and interesting! If I may ask, what is the cost of such a venture??? Great job! Enjoy! :2tu:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the other red matte viper that I've seen...please don't add any leopard print modifications to yours...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I love the silver viper, your car looked great to start with. But, that matte job is also awesome. I sed to be a huge fan of red and hated black wheels. Over the past 5 yrs, I've come to not like red and love the black wheels, funny. But I think the matte red is cool, different. I like it. Also interested in the details on cost and process asked above. Thnx for sharing.

OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments SSJCREEPER!
The matte finish is easy to clean and I was told by my installer that I can wash the car just the way I used to before.
The wrap from what I heard is 80% thickness of a clear bra. Drove the car 500 miles since and no signs of rock chips.
It took 5 days to complete my wrap.
No you can't see the silver once everything is closed up. The wrap doesn't cover under the hood, the door jams and under the trunk.
I PM'd you with the price

Gotta say the silver with black wheels looked great to begin with, but this is definitely the draw of a wrap IMO - instant color change with the option to change back when you want. Looks great, very clean. Can I ask, for those potentially considering wraps...

1) Is the matte finish difficult to clean and keep clean?
2) How well will it hold up against road debris (is it comparable to a clearbra)?
3) How long did it take to wrap?
4) How far into the door jambs, underhood, and trunk areas does the wrap go (can you see the silver color when everything is closed up)?
5) What could one expect to pay for a complete car wrap?

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VYPR BYT 94!
The wrap is easy to remove and it just pulls right off. After the removal a quick wash and wax will remove any adhesive. The paint was prepped before the vinyl was laid down for easy application and removal.

Looks great. If you decide to go back someday, what is involved with bringing the paint back to life? Does it need a glaze and buff and you're back to original shine?
What would it cost to remove?
Mike

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the other red matte viper that I've seen...please don't add any leopard print modifications to yours...

Ouch!
Ken, was that at a voi in the past? Looks like somebody cut the fender out with a chainsaw. :lmao2:
Mike

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. I am a fan of matte wraps and have to say thats the first matte red job I have seen. Looks great and very unique. I will add I have installed vinyl before and can tell you matte vinyl is not that easy to maintain. It can scuff so be careful when cleaning it. Also Chemical Guys makes a good product for matte wraps. I would recommend getting a bottle. I had matte black vinyl on my Jeep SRT-8 for a while and it really did a good job.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Meticulous_Matte_Detailer_For_Silk_Finish_Matt_F_p/spi_995_16.htm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather