Viper ACR assistance request...hey fellow ACR owners!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently became the proud owner of a 2008 Viper ACR. In the "2008 Dodge Viper ACR Owners Manual"...(seperate little black book) on page 16 under sect. 5.1...it shows component # 10 ~ Spanner Wrench and # 11 ~ Spring Seat Hex Wrench. The previous owner (who bought it new) indicates that he never rec'd these two items. Where can these be obtained? Not that I would necessarily need them but it would be nice to have these items that apparently should have come with the car when it was new. Any guidance or information that would be helpful would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance...Mike

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you do need them if you would like to adjust the suspension.
you should check the suspension settings on carat all 4 corners , almost every acr suspension settings from factory are all over the place and dont match from side to side with rebound and compression
something you can do , simple as counting clicks and comparing to each shock

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com/index.php/products/2008-2010-dodge-viper-acr-shock-adjustment-tool-5181441aa

I'm going through the same ordeal, but for a Gen II. I wonder if this would work on my Gen as well?

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...esp. johniew398! That's exactly what I was looking for. Will get it ordered...

Longdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's just a spanner wrench, you do not need the mopar one LOL, you can get one for a third of the price.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The KW spring wrench is around $25 (+ shipping) everywhere I've seen it. Doubt you would ever see them much under $20. If the shock is clean you can do most spring adjustments by hand with no wrench at all. It only gets tough if you are trying to add significant preload to raise the car's ride height toward stock height. Loosen the set screw, use two hands wrappped around the lower end of the spring, and rotate the spring and adjustment collar as a unit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang