Viper ACR in Nevada Hill-Climb event

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While reading November's C+D, a few pages after the completely Euro-centric "exotics" shootout, I opened to a 2 page photo of a White/Black/Red Viper ACR. Apparently the Nevada rt341 Hill Climb challenge came back this year after a spotted past of fatal crashes including a Viper crash in 2002. This year's event did not go smoothly either - unfortunately, a Porsche driver was killed going off the road at high speed.

Dodge provided the Viper for C+D to run up the hill and Dodge engineers set the suspension for the course. C+D's driver set the best time for the day and the 5th best time ever in the challenge. Check out the video:

Road to Oblivion

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed- very cool event Unfortunately I know how dangerous these can be. Our Robin Hood Rally mimics these events. You do not want to go off course, there are some huge consequences

OP
OP
S

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed- very cool event Unfortunately I know how dangerous these can be. Our Robin Hood Rally mimics these events. You do not want to go off course, there are some huge consequences

Yeah, Steve I was thinking about your RHR as I read the article... the C+D writer said something like "scariest experience I've ever had driving" and it reminded me of that
The video looks fairly tame, but I'm sure it's not conveying the reality at speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960