Viper and Corvette to be siblings?

Reaction score
It seems hard to predict the production of a limited model by a financially shakey car company two years out. Frankly, I have to wonder what a sales challanged GM would do with a sales challanged Chrysler line? (Kind'a like Sears buying K Mart!)

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know GM isn't exactly all roses right now either. Toyota made record profits. The american manus better come up with a way to make quality, inexpensive high gas mileage cars NOW or they will continue to slide.

Last american car I bought, or anyone I know bought (other than the viper or a truck) was a POS, horrible gas mileage and drove like crap. My mom has a Camry - runs good, great gas mileage, lots of room and relatively inexpensive.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know GM isn't exactly all roses right now either. Toyota made record profits. The american manus better come up with a way to make quality, inexpensive high gas mileage cars NOW or they will continue to slide.

Last american car I bought, or anyone I know bought (other than the viper or a truck) was a POS, horrible gas mileage and drove like crap. My mom has a Camry - runs good, great gas mileage, lots of room and relatively inexpensive.

Good point but what would the Viper be like if it was built by BMW or Toyota. Hum... One can wonder.

OP
OP
V

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I always had Chrysler vehicles and loved them. My in-laws drives toyotas and they ****. The land cruiser rides rough, the corolla was falling apart, etc..

I had a durango and current have a 2500 diesel truck, a 300 and the Viper and love them all. Never had a problem with any of them and the truck and 300 drives like a charm. I would agree that a long time ago, American cars where a POS, but I know for a fact that has changed over the years.

Maybe you should give them another try...

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah the Viper is daid meet if GM buys chrysler.However why in the name of god would GM buy C?The C has gas guzzling trucks and crappy cars.Who would put 2 losers together to get a larger loser?Best if bought by China .They would keep and improve the Viper as a halo,feather in their cap introduction to the US.Build them all in China,keep the prices way low and make a ton of money.Vipers selling for $10,000 less than a mustang! GTS Bruce

Reaction score
Simple fact of the matter is that U.S. Auto Manufacturers keep building vehicles the U.S. consumers don't want. Buyers can find a better priced, better equipped alternative too U.S. brands right at there home town dealer. The American car industry is driven by false numbers that tout production over actual sales at the dealer level. The dealer is left holding a inventory that there is no market for. Ultimately, the local dealer is forced to sell the American made import to make a living. The U.S. auto industry has cut their own throat, as the market continues to glut with unsold Ford,GM,& Chrysler units.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah the Viper is daid meet if GM buys chrysler.However why in the name of god would GM buy C?The C has gas guzzling trucks and crappy cars.Who would put 2 losers together to get a larger loser?Best if bought by China .They would keep and improve the Viper as a halo,feather in their cap introduction to the US.Build them all in China,keep the prices way low and make a ton of money.Vipers selling for $10,000 less than a mustang! GTS Bruce

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: That is just sicK! :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Yea that is what we want a Viper on every corner like the vette! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
GM mind your own store!!! DC just keep the C and get it back on track!!!!
And and all of us AMERICANS :usa: :usa: :usa: should buy american cars and quit buying that crap from Asia!!!!!The cars even have stupid names..Hyunda,kia,civic,corolla etc. Lexus isn't a bad name but all it is is a warmed over toyota. If you want luxury buy a 300 or a Caddilac or a Lincoln or a Mercedes that would at least be part of the DC family. WE STUPID AMERICANS ARE JUST CUTTING OUR OUN THROATS!!!!
I am sorry for the rant but I get so sick and tired of AMERICANS BAD MOUTHING AMERICAN AUTOMOBILES and them wonder where all the money and jobs are!!! :curse: :curse: :buttkick: :bonker:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang