Viper and the finger

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busa,
About the 87 octane - if you say so. I'm sure I can turn up a dyno chart somewhere on the net that verifies it. Does it sound right to me - no. I guess the computer can retard the timing enough but as for making more power - I don't see how, unless you are saying it makes more power at a certain RPM. I've learned the hard way that unless I want a piston in the nuts (read as "broken engine") I better bump the octane or retard the timing (one adds pwr, one takes it away).

I do not own nor have ever owned a ZX14 - nor do I have a friend with one.

My last round of street bikes were:
DD/cruiser - 1998 Triumph Daytona T595 (955cc)
Corner carver - 2000 Ducati 996sps
Toy - 1997 Ducati Monster M900 - very modified
Bike owned the longest (almost 10 yrs) - 1991 Ducati 900ss - extremely modified.

I've owned, rebuilt & modified bikes ranging from a 1974 Honda CB500 thru a 1983 GPZ1100 with the odd-balls like a 1986 Honda VF1000R (gear driven cams on a V-4) in there for a few years.

This is not all the bikes I've ever owned - just a fraction. Heck, I've even had a couple of Harleys, not for very long - not my kind of ride - they turn corners like bikes with stretched swing arms.

Do I know what I'm talking about - no. Am I the typical internet troll - probably. Have I ever raced bikes before - no, I bought all my trophies at a garage sale.

Will a stock Viper beat your ZX14...I'll put it in bold type again for you:
Stock for stock - you're right. Your $13k scooter is gonna win every time:2tu:

Do I have enough knowledge and experience about bikes to do this -> :bs2:
....yes

One thing about anything with a motor is that there is always someone out there who can turn some insanely fast time on that particular vehicle. That person is 99.999% of the time is NOT you ("you" refers to mass population). All too often someone is bragging about the times someone else posted on a vehicle like theirs - when their times are not impressive. It's the same scenario you will encounter at gas stations in your new Viper when you get it - some kid will come tell you all about his friend's Mustang or Civic that will smoke your Viper - as he drives off in Mom's minivan.

Your post struck me this exact way...I'm probably just hormonal(sp) right now.

Run what ya brung!

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in NM the Eco-Nazies hate anything thats not 25mpg or more... I've had the Santa Fe hybrid lovers even yell obsenities at stop lights. God I love this car….

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UsuOne time the ****** got in front of me and squirted his windshield wiper fluid at me.:

I'm not gonna lie, I drive fairly fast. If I am speeding and you run up on my ass I will dump the entire gallon of washer fluid in my reservoir on your window. I will sit there and hold it down until I am happy enough to let you pass. Especially if I can't get over and someone wants to ride my tail. Never happened in the Viper, but my Audi it happens a lot.

OP
OP
C

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so it sounds like the ones that give the finger, really want one but can't afford one. If they would just ask, I would be glad to give them a ride :)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Actually, what I really notice more than anything, is how all the Viper and exotic drivers cry when they see my ZX14 tail lights getting further away from them by the millisecond...and by the time I get the finger from them...they're nothing more than a tiny spot in my mirrors...damn that's gotta hurt; being smoked so badly by a cheap high tech 13K stock motorcycle running on 87...one that can quarter in the 8's.:lmao: Right back at ya FZ - :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Funny you should mention that. The only time I got the finger in my Viper was from a guy on a Busa. I had just finished putting 2 car lengths on him from 60 to 170. It was fixin to get worse for him, as I wasn't even into the boost in 5th yet, but my wife was punching my arm and I had to let off. He flipped me off after we got back down to about 80. Typical ricer sore loser crap.

I used to race guy's all the time with my BlackBird and never flipped anyone off when I lost.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. The only time I got the finger in my Viper was from a guy on a Busa. I had just finished putting 2 car lengths on him from 60 to 170. It was fixin to get worse for him, as I wasn't even into the boost in 5th yet, but my wife was punching my arm and I had to let off. He flipped me off after we got back down to about 80. Typical ricer sore loser crap.

I used to race guy's all the time with my BlackBird and never flipped anyone off when I lost.

If you put 2 car lengths on him as you say, he obviously couldn't ride his Busa...either that or he was only firing on 2 cylinders.:rolaugh:

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a good one for ya's. Ok so yesterday i recieved not only 1 but 2 middle fingers from the same guy. Im on my way home with one of my buddies from slate belt mighty mopars car show in pa. great turn out btw. So anyway i take my exit off the highway, come to a stop sign. When i go to pullout i was pretty easy on the gas not wanting to spin my brand new tires. i see a grungy guy walking on the right side of the road up ahead. As im approaching him i shift into 2nd and get on it a little harder maybe half throttle (just for fun of coarse). And can you believe after i go by this guy and i just so happen to look in the mirror and he throws 2 arms in the air with 1 middle finger sticking up on each arm. Geez thats the first time ive ever recieved the finger. I always get thumbs up and waves and pictures. Maybe i singed the hair of his legs when i drove by him or something. Or maybe even made him go deaf. Who knows..

As for the convo about bikes above iv's raced 8 bikes already and beat all of them pretty bad. but they where all like 750 gsx-r's and 900 ninjas and honda cbr's. Nothing that was of any real competition.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biker's misconception #1....again.

Shooter - you know you can't beat a bike in that FE - simply with some fancy intake mod like this: TORNADO Air Management Systems :: More Power! More Mileage! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe the guy started having problems from running on 87 octane with 12:1 compression :dunno: Had to be some major mechanical malfunction for you to win - or a 16yo who kept missing shifts from 60-170 and burned his clutch causing the bike to fade at the top end:dunno::lmao::lmao::lmao:

My T595 would knock down almost all ZX-11's in the day - from 0-whatever or on the top end. Bigger is NOT always better. A ZX14 or a Busa has almost the same frontal profile with a rider that a Viper has. That air gets very thick at those speeds.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you guys just don't get it...anyway, y'all keep dreamin' about your Vipers being the fastest thing on the planet and beating bikes....the bike boards will sure have a lot of fun rippin' this thread. I'll just keep eating Vipers on my ZX14 and making them cry.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could find the threads and videos of Manny [I think that is who it was] blowing away modded busas in his Gen II. This is from a long time ago.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 years and no finger for me here in Colorado other that a thumbs up, which I get a lot of them. Even had a nice old lady, (seriously she looked like she was 100 years old) driving an old Dodge Dart (which she bought new, I am sure) about a month ago. I pulled up next to her at a light and she was looking over and looking over, then gave a shy little smile and a thumbs up. Of course I waved and told her I really liked her car. Cute moment.

Like others, I have given my bird to others, but it is usually becuase they just merged right into my lane without even a look as to if I was there or not. No "I am an A$$HOLE" waved or nothing. Thank God for large side lanes between the road and rubarb.

Nowadays, you just never know if you retaliate back, if they use their finger to squeeze a trigger. It's just not worth it anymore. Blow it off!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Cobra - In case you did not feel "the love" today .........

doublefinger_WinCE_.JPG

:rolaugh: Think the only time that I've been flipped the bird was a similar situation to Pemberton when I blew by some a$$ that was talking on his cell phone doing 10 mph below the posted limit.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I guess you guys just don't get it...anyway, y'all keep dreamin' about your Vipers being the fastest thing on the planet and beating bikes....the bike boards will sure have a lot of fun rippin' this thread. I'll just keep eating Vipers on my ZX14 and making them cry.

Typical troll.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical troll.

Uh huh - so you say and I guess you're the expert huh - shooter?:rolleyes:

So since we're on the subject - I have in the toy room and currently drive/ride these -

2008 ZX14 - 172 RWHP @ 450 dry on this particluar bike (you do the math)
2009 Kawasaki (pure stock) Concours 14 that WILL do do mid 10's in the quarter...(but will not get to 200, so it'd lose there.)
2008 Z06
2008 Viper

I didn't bother listing my DD's since they don't qualify as toys and wouldn't touch anything substantial except maybe a dump truck -

Your 650 RWHP might be great power for a Viper and would certainly take a STOCK ZX14 in (the very) top end, but you don't stand a chance in the 1/4...it's not even a close race...so what part of the power to weight thing don't you get? Do you need some help understanding that part of it? Do you own or have you ridden a Busa or Zx14 or are you just talking out of your hat? Can you get your Viper into the 9's? Did you know that a non-pro decent rider with track time can do low 9's on a ZX14?....hmmmmm, at 150, that bike would pull so fast on you, you'd need glasses to see it so far away.

Not saying Viper's ain't great, but I guess you just have no clue, as do most who've "beaten" these bikes...

Like I said, anyone on a Busa that you beat in any type of roll-on or drag race, obviously can't drive.:eater:
How many threads and links would you like to see with 8's - 9's on a ZX14 or a Busa? It's not like it's a record breaking thing on these bikes; there's plenty of time slips to back all that up...

I'd love to see you get your 650 RWHP into those brackets...show me your slips/vid's.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
foolish people that are giving the finger,you never know whos behind the wheel whos getting flipped off,very stuip and jealous people out there.screw them

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Uh huh - so you say and I guess you're the expert huh - shooter?:rolleyes:

So since we're on the subject - I have in the toy room and currently drive/ride these -

2008 ZX14 - 172 RWHP @ 450 dry on this particluar bike (you do the math)
2009 Kawasaki (pure stock) Concours 14 that WILL do do mid 10's in the quarter...(but will not get to 200, so it'd lose there.)
2008 Z06
2008 Viper

I didn't bother listing my DD's since they don't qualify as toys and wouldn't touch anything substantial except maybe a dump truck -

Your 650 RWHP might be great power for a Viper and would certainly take a STOCK ZX14 in (the very) top end, but you don't stand a chance in the 1/4...it's not even a close race...so what part of the power to weight thing don't you get? Do you need some help understanding that part of it? Do you own or have you ridden a Busa or Zx14 or are you just talking out of your hat? Can you get your Viper into the 9's? Did you know that a non-pro decent rider with track time can do low 9's on a ZX14?....hmmmmm, at 150, that bike would pull so fast on you, you'd need glasses to see it so far away.

Not saying Viper's ain't great, but I guess you just have no clue, as do most who've "beaten" these bikes...

Like I said, anyone on a Busa that you beat in any type of roll-on or drag race, obviously can't drive.:eater:
How many threads and links would you like to see with 8's - 9's on a ZX14 or a Busa? It's not like it's a record breaking thing on these bikes; there's plenty of time slips to back all that up...

I'd love to see you get your 650 RWHP into those brackets...show me your slips/vid's.

So have you pulled mid 10's on your bike, or are you just regurgitating stat's from other people's experiences?.

I truly don't care how fast so and so is. I care how fast I am. I know that on that day, against that bike and rider, I put 2 lengths on him.

At the track up the road from me last weekend, I did a 10.55. Second time I have ever had my car at a dragstrip. Now that was me, with runcraps. I'm sure someone like JF or Ranger or whatever could do alot better as they are getting stock cars into the 10's. But you won't see me spouting off about other people's accomplishments. As far as I'm concerned my Viper can do mid 10's. So until YOUR the one in the 9's or beating all the other Viper's on the street ****.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the finger once in the Viper from a Z06 owner..but that was after I made him count the car lengths I gave him..

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fine with me. Since bikes don't run against cars in sanctioned competition, and since I don't street race, you can blow right past me on the road with the bike of your choice anytime you like. I won't mind, nor will I be impressed.

Two very different kinds of vehicle; two very different skill sets. Which is faster? Does it matter, really? Want to compare timeslips? Fine; just realize that is about as useful as comparing times for cars in very different classifications. Just don't take the competition onto public roads. Doing that is not only illegal and unsafe, it's downright stupid! I'm not saying you do, not saying you don't, but there is one word which describes anyone who races on the street, with a car or a bike-that word is IDIOT!

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So have you pulled mid 10's on your bike, or are you just regurgitating stat's from other people's experiences?.

I truly don't care how fast so and so is. I care how fast I am. I know that on that day, against that bike and rider, I put 2 lengths on him.

At the track up the road from me last weekend, I did a 10.55. Second time I have ever had my car at a dragstrip. Now that was me, with runcraps. I'm sure someone like JF or Ranger or whatever could do alot better as they are getting stock cars into the 10's. But you won't see me spouting off about other people's accomplishments. As far as I'm concerned my Viper can do mid 10's. So until YOUR the one in the 9's or beating all the other Viper's on the street ****.
Blah, blah blah...enjoy the ignorant little world you live in --:rolleyes:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FASTEST BUSA AROUND..WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT A BIKE BEATING A CAR..I had a busa destroy my 450 rwhp Viper. We went 10 plus times and I actually thought maybe somthing was wrong with my car..This guy was an expert rider and ever turned his self around during the race and faced me as his bike was acellerating and pulling away from me well into the triple digits..

But that registererd very little with me as they are two totally seperate classes...

Ive seen a stock low 13 second fat boy Harley beat a stock C5 in the 1/4 mile..At a 13.2 vrs 13.3....One of the slower bikes vrs at the time in 2002 a pretty quick sports car...

But it just dosent hold any weight...

That busa beat me badly..But if anyone ever ask me I dont even recall that bike kill and the awnswer I give them out of my 50 plus street races, is that Ive only lost to a C6Z06/500 rwhp Evo/600 rwhp Supra while ever raceing my 99 viper or 2003 Viper....

So please com--alm down with the bike stuff...Ill tell you the same thing I tell others..If I wanted a 9 second busa I could go buy one tomorrow and pay it off in a year or just cash..Bikes are cheap..Especially compared to a Viper or other exotics....So basically..

THEIRS NO REAL HONOR IN BUYING A BIKE AND RACEING CARS.....

Now to get back on topic...Back in 2005 when I was 26 years old I took my 3 year old daughter out in the 99 rt10 to blockbusters..Upon parking the vehicle I noticed two pliliphino men looking at my vehicle and talking aproximately 25 feet away. My Daughter and i exit the vehicle and go on the side walk holding hands and walking towards the BlockBuster. These two gentlemen proceed to walk right toward us looking directly at me and laughing Histerically. They then fail to allow my daughter and i sufficient room to pass by them on the side walk forcing us to walk into the parking lot area as they again look at me/us and laugh histerically...

At this point Im extremely upset. At 5'8'' and 220 pounds ( wannabee powerlifter) Ive never had such blatant disrespect...Not that a 5'8'' 150 pound man deserves any disrespect as well but Im trying to paint a picture..

Still holding my daughters hand I decide that some people are just bad people and my daughter dosent need to see Daddy fight or possibly hurt..

We shop for movies and one of the BlockBuster workers says..Dude someone just hit your car..I laugh as they always make these jokes whenever I drive the Viper...He says..no really these two philipino guys just backed their car all the way up from the opposite side of the parking lot and rammed into the back of your viper with a big old rusted truck...

Sure enough the description of the truck and men matched the vehicle I had seen them make their aproach from earlier...

Case in point..A finger isnt so bad..Some will go the extra mile..

Their was a silver lining though..The damage was put at 2300.00 For only 700 more from my end The shop COMPLETELY repainted the whole 1999 Viper to it's origional red. Looked better than ever.