Viper and Z06 ---- side by side

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Ford GT and a new Viper coupe on the way. I like the Z06 I just don't know if I would own one. I would like to add a 360 or a Gallardo to my garage now that would be cool. A friend of mine wants to trade his Gallardo for my GT but, I can't part with it.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric GTS

what color is your SRT-C going to be? it should look amazing next to your FGT and your GTS :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gts coupe black on black, soon to have a 06 coupe with silver stripes, this friday. there is no way I would get a ZO6 when I have a viper. To close in design for my taste. Until you open the Hood then there is no comparison. I mean why would I step down when I have already stepped UP. :D

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sween, I am getting the VCA coupe red white, I am trading my GTS I will miss it.

Ive seen that car in person, in my opinion the best color on the coupe. :2tu: you need to take pics of that and the FGT next to it when you get it :2tu: congrats

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the hood scoop on the Vette functional or decorative?

I had originally read that the scoop was to allow air into the engine compartment to help with cooling. Then while touring the Bowling Green plant I was told it was to force air into the intake. It's hard to tell after looking at it, although it supposedly re-directs the air down to the intake. It's mostly blocked off, and the intake sits down in the nose of the car, in front of the radiator. It is supposed to be functional, but you can't see the actual intake....so it's hard to tell. Either way, the Viper's is done WAY better....I'm disappointed with the Z06's inlet.

As far as the "feel" of the car goes, I do agree that when you are in a sports car you want it to feel like you're in one. Maybe I am just getting too old, but I do actually like the comfort of the new Z. However, I think the perfect Vette for me would be the early C4 interior, with everything else the C6 has. My first Vette was an '85, and it was an AWESOME car, with a very rugged and sporty feel. Again, it comes down to specific tastes.....and each car caters to opposing opinions. :2tu:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gts coupe black on black, soon to have a 06 coupe with silver stripes, this friday. there is no way I would get a ZO6 when I have a viper. To close in design for my taste. Until you open the Hood then there is no comparison. I mean why would I step down when I have already stepped UP. :D

To be honest the only thing the V10 has on the LS7 is cubic inches. I'm sure I'll be flamed but facts or facts.

LS7:

Fully Forged rotating assembly
11:1 compression = NA POWER/ but not good for boost
Titamium sodium filled valves
Titanium connecting rods
DRY SUMP
Great flowing heads/ large valves
7,000rpms reddline

V10:

MASSIVE cubes :cool:
CAST pistons = poor for boost/nitrous
8:5:1 compression poor NA power/ GREAT for boost
decent heads/ small valves
6,000rpm redline

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Chevy aka Mopar your saying if your girlfriend says you have a nice size d*ck but my other boyfriend has one that is 6 inches longer would still think your petite pecker is still adequate enough? Same analogy saying you Viper guys ONLY have cubic inches on the Z06 when in fact that is the ONLY thing that is important!!! Do us all a favor and quit posting here. Your allegiance to Chevy is quite sicking. :nono:

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Chevy aka Mopar your saying if your girlfriend says you have a nice size d*ck but my other boyfriend has one that is 6 inches longer would still think your petite pecker is still adequate enough? Same analogy saying you Viper guys ONLY have cubic inches on the Z06 when in fact that is the ONLY thing that is important!!! Do us all a favor and quit posting here. Your allegiance to Chevy is quite sicking. :nono:

Oh my God, are you for real??? Ha ha ha

Anyway, Mopar....you are incorrect on one of your facts. The redline for the LS7 is 7500rpms, not 7000.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sickening, yes... but Mopar's a good guy, and he keeps his opinions (as misguided as I think they are)respectful, so I don't mind him here. If his comments are even 5% valid, he's a welcome contributor... it's the few trolls here that need to go to h3ll and die!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Mopar is so Chebby biased it's not even funny. Look at all of his posts. Like I have said before he is a "borderline" troll. I just wish he would post his Chebby sh*t on the Chebby board.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Mopar is so Chebby biased it's not even funny. Look at all of his posts. Like I have said before he is a "borderline" troll. I just wish he would post his Chebby sh*t on the Chebby board.

And you're not a troll?

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I own GM cars and nothing newer than 1968, I've owned 10 times more MOPAR's yet I'm a Chevy diehard, ok......

If you think I'm a critical on Vipers/Mopars you don't ever want to get into a conversation about my GM views ha!

GM is no doubt one the most ignorant, boring, backwoods manufator going.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet cars, but I still think the chevy designers could have come up with something different instead of copying the viper front end. Just goes to show who's ahead of the the Horsepower and design wars. viper all the way. still nice ZO6 congrats

;) ;)

You must be registered for see images