Viper Bikini RT/10

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean the little cover, I had one and sold it to someone who wanted it more.

I guess it's a good thing to keep dust out of your open car when it's parked. I didn't ever try it in rain. It didn't look like it would be completely waterproof.

I guess they are ok. I just never thought much of it.
Can you still buy them?

OP
OP
B

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Jon still has them. I just want something for "in case it rains" situation that would actually work. Can always get the dust out, LOL.

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got caught in a real downpour and all I had was the bikini top. It is not completely waterproof-there was a puddle in the seats. It is much,much better than nothing, however. If one installs it tightly over the cockpit so that the water sheds off rather than puddles on the bikini top and then leaks through the material onto the seat, I think it would work better. I have started carrying the cloth top in the trunk at all times and when I drive the car to where it is going to be parked for several hours, I cover the car with the bikini. If it starts raining I can go to a covered area and install the cloth top. I am glad I bought it. Would be great if it was completely waterproof though. Cheap insurance. :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the tonneau cover we are talking about?

This thing:
85t-cover.jpg

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen this yet. Can someone link to an ad?

"Would be great if it was completely waterproof though."
-What is it made of. Can you spray something on it to waterproof the material?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, like Frank, got caught in a downpour at a car show(I went *******). I put the bikini top on and it did a good job keeping the majority of the water out. Spray it with Scotch Guard, and use a stick or something similar to span from the sport bar to the top of the windshield to hold the top up and reduce puddling. Link below to Parts Rack, with picture. I also use mine on hot days when the car is parked for a while, when I am away from the car.

http://secureprocessing.net/PartsRack/WebShop/store/detail.tmpl?sku=80005&category=Exterior&cart=1078524106453679

Later,

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, R Hummer
You will not regret buying one of these. The picture from the link above does not show the Viper Logo and RT/10 lettering on the windshield portion of the cover. I assume they still have this - check with JonB at Parts Rack.
Later,

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one, and have found it useful if caught in a light rain. Also keeps the interior from being baked while I am at work.