Viper Black Boxes (Crash data recorder)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very scary to me. Not cause I drive fast either. Ìts a step towards big brother in a very real way.

If the Feds pass the mileage tax which will require the use of GPS monitors in every vehicle then we're really screwed. That would certainly be big brother watching. Makes the black box look like a saint.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a seminar about this a few years ago. We all know that a little knowlege is dangerous!

Anyway, if I remember correctly there's a screen that the viewer must click through that says you must be the 'owner' of this data to legally access it.

I HOPE that since I own the device, that I created the data and that I recorded the data - that the information belongs to me.

I have no idea how the courts interpret this in Canada let alone the US but I would hope that anyone that wants access to MY data needs a court order of some sort.

Greg

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a seminar about this a few years ago. We all know that a little knowlege is dangerous!

Anyway, if I remember correctly there's a screen that the viewer must click through that says you must be the 'owner' of this data to legally access it.

I HOPE that since I own the device, that I created the data and that I recorded the data - that the information belongs to me.

I have no idea how the courts interpret this in Canada let alone the US but I would hope that anyone that wants access to MY data needs a court order of some sort.

Greg

As I said, in the U.S., either permission from the owner must be given or a search warrant has to be obtained from the court to access the data.

~Craig

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see a post in your future...

i had a innocent accident and da cops telling me "ur a stupid driver cuz we got the evidence dat u were flyin!"

fuels and lub geek! i think u have been drinking that stuff and its gotten to ur typo!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The government is already watching everything. They have unfettered access in some form or another to phone records, mobile records, approximate mobile location (if a call was made), bank records, credit records, credit card spending records, internet access records, tax records, criminal records, international travel records. It's only if things need to go to court that they need some event to trigger a search warrant. And then they wait and watch the old fashioned way.

Now with fuel taxes potentially disappearing over the next decade or two, the alternative is mileage based taxation using GPS monitors or similar devices. So now they have the potential to find out my driving habits too. And with the black box monitors, they have a lot more detail into that driving.

But wait it's not over. Soon medical records will be fully online too.

So what's the best way out.

First close all bank and credit card accounts here and open one in Switzerland (off course you should pay your taxes but the details will not be available), give up the 2-year contract phone and go with a pay-as-you-go phone (change the phone every few months). Drive an antique car (the Viper's getting there). And get your medical treatment in a developed 3rd world country (it's cheaper too). And shun bluetooth live the devil.

We live in a FREE country. :usa::dunno: Only as long as you don't look over your shoulder. :lmao:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The government is already watching everything. They have unfettered access in some form or another to phone records, mobile records, approximate mobile location (if a call was made), bank records, credit records, credit card spending records, internet access records, tax records, criminal records, international travel records. It's only if things need to go to court that they need some event to trigger a search warrant. And then they wait and watch the old fashioned way.

Now with fuel taxes potentially disappearing over the next decade or two, the alternative is mileage based taxation using GPS monitors or similar devices. So now they have the potential to find out my driving habits too. And with the black box monitors, they have a lot more detail into that driving.

But wait it's not over. Soon medical records will be fully online too.

So what's the best way out.

First close all bank and credit card accounts here and open one in Switzerland (off course you should pay your taxes but the details will not be available), give up the 2-year contract phone and go with a pay-as-you-go phone (change the phone every few months). Drive an antique car (the Viper's getting there). And get your medical treatment in a developed 3rd world country (it's cheaper too). And shun bluetooth live the devil.

We live in a FREE country. :usa::dunno: Only as long as you don't look over your shoulder. :lmao:

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."
Rev 13:16,17​

not far now 122112 :dunno:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."
Rev 13:16,17​

not far now 122112 :dunno:

ya,he should have that handled in a couple of years,the american public is easy to brainwash,just gotta be a excellent talker,funny how he allows his caddy to be called (the beast)

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first posted this, I wondered if this was going to happen!:lmao:

Figured it would go off topic. Actually took longer than expected.

Robert