Viper Caliper's on Dakota 4x4

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Caliper\'s on Dakota 4x4

Looked at some old posts on retrofiting Viper rotors/calipers on pre-2000 2 wheel drive Dakotas...but nothing on any 4x4 applicatons. Hit the numerous Dodge truck sites as well. Anyone have a line on a conversion kit to solve my woefully poor front brakes on my 2002 Quad cab 4x4? Done the rotor/pad upgrades already but calipers are what I really want. I have seen the rear disc conversion which is pretty sweet, put prefer to upgrade the fronts.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Caliper\'s on Dakota 4x4

Call Paul Sharf. When I scout for rear calipers, I call him sometimes. Unfortunately for everyone, some Dakota conversion outfit buys up fronts and rears to put on the trucks. Maybe he'll tell you who it is and you can scarf up some cheap front calipers from someone here.

Work: 800 338 4002
E-Mail: [email protected]
E-Mail: [email protected]

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can tell you who makes the brackets, but they are absolute crooks. You're FAR better off buying a set of front calipers, stock front rotors, and having any competent local machinist make you the brackets. It's a VERY VERY simple piece, with minimal cutting on the stock spindle.

Note: you do have to cut the stock caliper mounts off the spindle so once you start it's no turning back.

If you really want a set of those brackets let me know, a good friend of mine did all the machine work for the company that now sells them.

I've got a spare set of front calipers as well if you need them.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent Rouge! I'd love to discuss getting the brackets and extra Viper front calipers from you. I take it the set-up uses the stock Dakota front rotors since the wheel is only 16 inch. PM me with any details.