Viper Club of NJ Pocono event 4-08-02 whos going?????????????????

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there with ViperDays # 31. 1996 GTS - stock motor, full cage, fuel cell, 3100 lbs., Penske shocks, McCann adjustable wing, Marsh Racing hood, nose, and splitter, Brembo brakes, and Purner wheels.

Oh yes, this year the car is red and white.

See you there!

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
S

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look forward to meeting all of you. You did what Sonny? Painted over my favorite Viper scheme?
crying.gif
3100 lbs why so light? I'll have my 346 CI there too.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3100 lbs is the legal minimum weight for the car without driver after a ViperDays race. I start heavier than that with the tank full and also make sure I don't run too close and end up to light. (Gen I cars are allowed to run at 3000 lbs and the newer Vipers with ABS have to weigh a minimum of 3200 lbs as a slight penalty for the extra advantage.

My favorite color combination has always been Blue with White Stripes, but in the spirit of the ViperDays race group I changed the paint scheme to reflect sponsorship as well as to set it apart from everyone else. I kind of like it - you'll have to let me know what you think when we get together at Pocono.

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sonny. I am glad to see you running well in the VRL. For your info, 3225 is minimum car weight with fuel before you race, unless Skip has changed the rules. See you at Mid-Ohio.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

The weights I listed are straight from the GT-1 rules which are checked against the top 5 finishers after qualifying and or racing. With full fuel we'll start about 100 lbs heavier but you must make the minimum weights of 3200, 3100, or 3000 lbs respectively when your car is weighed without driver, helmets etc., after qualifying or racing.

I hope to see you at Mid-Ohio. Take care Gary.

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect to have great season opener the response have been over whelming the majority are Vipers with several Corvettes, couple of Porsches 911 plus 2 TA mustangs registration still open if you did not register better hurry up
Adel

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
onerare,

To answer your questions:

We actually have rented the LONG COURSE, which takes advantage of two of the three banks of the tri-oval and then runs into the infield for some tricky s-turns and quick cuts and straights. The long straight offers the fearless the opportunity to run their cars upwards of 150 mph.

We will have at least three run groups of different experience levels, and instruction will be available. I assure you, although their is no payment necessary for spectator access, you surely would want to participate, as the experience is one that ou will not forget!

Just call Adel Elsayed (our NJ region President) for details at (973) 779-2500 x213 (business).

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joseph.

For right now, I need to do more research to find out how my insurance company will view this type of event. Even if I don't drive in the event, I would like to come and check out all the other Vipers and participate in any way possible. I just purchased my Viper 6 months ago, so I have a lot to learn. Any advice when talking to my insurance agent?

Thanks in advance...

OP
OP
S

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come for a look maybe someone will take you for a ride if it is allowed. Then you will be hooked. I went to my first track event with a helmet but found out it was experienced drivers only. Well let me tell you it was the longest winter of my life. Great fun. I think you insurance will cover as it is a driving school and not a time event. Read the policy I guess. Get up early you will enjoy the day looking at the cars and meeting people on the forum. This track event stuff is worse than crack I imagine. Since I've only done the first one mentioned. I'll have the Navy Blue Corvette with a sail mounted on top to keep up with the all cubes. All kidding aside you'll have fun and life is short do it!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Racers,

I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and was thinking about making the trip to be a spectator. About 290 miles - no problem. Can someone give me some details about the event, and what I should expect? Do you guys race around the oval, or utilize the infield as well? Any benefit to me driving/bringing the Viper, other than the obvious? Do I need to purchase tickets, etc... Any way to get access to the pit areas? Any help would be appreciated, as this would be my first Viper event.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Onerare,

Our event is Instructional focused. We have no timing equipment, is not setup in a race format, and we have hired all the necessary safety personell, track officials, etc.

You can call Adel for additional information on how many instructors will be there, but our format is built around safe, confidence building, driving.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. + offer for ride. I gotta give my insurance agent a call ASAP to see the situation. Either way, I will see you guys at Pocono. I'm also looking forward to the Ferrari/Viper event as well.

Later

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Onerare,

Come on down I will take for a ride if you like it hhhhhhhhhhhhh
you can register if not (I doubtit) just support all running Snakes

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Anyone wanting to join us for the ride up, we can try to get a caravan together just south of the Amboys tolls at about 6:15 am.

Just give me an e-mail and I'll give you the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang