Viper Crash at Cecil on 4/5 ....Anyone there?

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine called a said a Silver GTS lost traction in 2nd gear and spun into the wall, according to him totaling the Viper. The driver was said to be OK. Anyone have any further info on this?

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, you sure that was a GTS because there is always a guy up there with a silver RT10 and I saw him almost lose it before...talk to ya!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, everyone I talk to says it was a GTS. I even passed him on his way to the track. From a second hand source I found out that his name was Doug, a Delaware State Trooper, and that it was his first time at the track with the Viper, and to add to the challenge, the temp was a not so balmy 35*.

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That *****, but as long as he is ok he can get another car....Bob let me know when that car show is you guys are going to up in Aberdeen......

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time at the track and he gets up close & personal with a wall, that must **** big time
frown.gif

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Doug's Silver GTS with blue stripes that was wrecked. It was hit pretty bad, which is a shame as it was his first time to the track and it was in the 30's out. (Horrible traction.)
I am the owner of the Silver RT/10 and I know which run you are talking about where my back end got squirrelly. It was cold out that day too. Beware as Our tires s#*k in cold weather on the track or on the street. The weather was nice this past Wednesday and I ran an 11.7 and got thrown out for not having a roll cage so you won't see me at Cecil as much anymore.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The weather was nice this past Wednesday and I ran an 11.7 and got thrown out for not having a roll cage so you won't see me at Cecil as much anymore.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So your saying this is a 1/4 mile track? I was thinking he hit a wall on a road course.

OP
OP
S

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was a drag strip, not a road course in sight. Onlookers say as the car started to spin out of control he never got out of the gas
confused.gif
Panic Maybe?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 99 Sidewinder:

I am the owner of the Silver RT/10 and I know which run you are talking about where my back end got squirrelly. It was cold out that day too. Beware as Our tires s#*k in cold weather on the track or on the street.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence the moniker "sidewider"
laugh.gif

What were you thinking drag racing in 30 degree temps?????????

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
What were you thinking drag racing in 30 degree temps?????????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not everyone is blessed with 60 degree days through out the entire length of winter like us spoiled socallers..

he was probably thinking "hey, its spring, lets go to the track!!"..
smile.gif

- eddie -

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery