Viper crash Long Island 2/17

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newsday is reporting a Viper crash yesterday in Lindenhurst with injuries.
Took out a utility pole. Picture in paper shows an SRT vert, can't tell color in black and white pic. Anybody we know?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they came out of accident without serious injuries.
No one could say vipers are not built tough!:2tu: I used to work for a utility company and replaced many poles from vehicle accident's. Most cars do not fair so well as the Viper did.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looks like the car was going pretty quick judging from the pictures. What got me is the front end does not look that bad for taking out a utility pole. As per the article they only had minor injuries, which is a good thing!

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car doesn't look as bad as i was expecting. They are very lucky that the pole didn't land farther forward.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very lucky the pole didn't come down on the cabin. There's nothing but the soft top to absorb the impact of that pole. The front-end doesn't seem that bad...I wonder how fast they were traveling when they hit the pole?

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you think, I made it up?
It was in Newsday, with a photo.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. With all those powerlines and pole hitting the car, I am shocked no one was hurt. Wasnt there a guy Twister who recently claimed he wrecked his car?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.
3 feet forward and the pole would have hit the people IN the car...talking about guardian angels!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang