Viper crashes into tree near Boca Raton

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sandy has 5 broken ribs and is on a ventilator. According to his son he is doing better and the current prognosis is they hope he is off the ventilator in 2-3 days. He is totally unaware of the cause of the accident, so , of course, the Physicians at the Hospital are testing for other things as well. A true blessing that he seems to be doing better daily and the family is appreciative of the prayers from the Viper Club. He has a true passion for Chrysler products and he was enamored with his yellow SRT-10. Please continue to keep "Gub" , as he liked to be called, in your prayers. I will try to update all as I find out more from the family.

PS - thanks to those of you who called and asked me to give him your best. I conveyed these thoughts to his son!!!

Bill if you would let them know the Prowler club is keeping Sandy in their thoughts/ prayers too... I just posted your update over there... Glad to read he is doing better.

Go GUB!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Found out that late Thursday, Sandy got fed up with the ventilator, got around his restraints and yanked it out himself. Has been breathing on his own since, is also drinking and hopefully , if he continues to improve at this rate , he will be out of ICU Monday or Tuesday.

Kala I did let his son know that the Prowler Club has " Gub" in their prayers, also, and he appreciates all of caring coming from fellow gearheads around the Country.

He is doing good enough that his son is flying back home for a bit to get things caught up, so it is a blessing that Sandy is coming through so well. Lastly , to the question if the car is a total loss, yes it is, and the integrity of the occupant cell is likely what saved Sandy's life.

I know Sandy appreciate's all your prayers and concern and I will keep you all updated on his progress.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that by the time I found this thread today and made it to the end that he appears to be doing better. I will continue to wish him a fast recovery and hope there are no turns for the worse.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear he is doing much better. Thankfully that was just some irresponsible journalism.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The reports of his death were greatly exaggerated --- very poor journalism. Gub is walking down the halls ,using just a little bit of oxygen and is very heartened to hear all the good wishes from his automotive friends. His son said it has really made him feel better to know all the Viper folks and Prowler folks are keeping track of his progress and he is super thankful for your prayers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wonderful , wonderful news!! I just got off the phone with Sandy and he is going home this Friday. He will have some rehabilitation , but he is anxious to get back to his digs. He sounded absolutely fantastic and wanted me to thank all the folks that had him in their prayers. He does not have any memory, at present, of any of the accident, though he wanted to make sure folks knew he had PS2s and not run flats on the Viper. I cracked up that he wanted to make sure folks knew that before someone went off on a silly tangent of tires. He is very thankful and other than the airbag breaking 5 ribs, the occupant compartment stayed very much intact , with the rest of the frame breaking away and absorbing the impact per design - saving his life. He still has his SRT8 Jeep, but is not sure about if another Viper lies in his future, as he just wants to get better at this moment.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great News... Sounds like his biggest problems for a while will be sneezing, coughing and laughing with the rib injuries... Thank God that laughing will be one of his biggest problems:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang