Viper Days at Barber Motorsports Park

Lindsey Douglas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a Viper Days event in conjunction with PBOC at the beautiful Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL.
Please join us for Spring in Alabama!
March 27-28, 2010​

*Beginner (DE) Drivers:
Lapping days and classroom time for Beginner drivers is available on Saturday and Sunday.

*Intermediate (Solo) Drivers:
Lapping days for qualified Solo drivers are available on Saturday and Sunday.

*Advanced (Super Solo) Drivers:
Advanced drivers will have to go through PBOC's Super Solo application. Please register for the applicable Intermediate (Solo) package and we will assign you to the Advanced (Super Solo) group once you are approved.
-Lapping days for qualified Super Solo drivers are available on Saturday and Sunday.

*Viper Days/NARRA cars will be timed by AMB with awards.

**Racers:
On Saturday, there will be a 90-minute Enduro race with 30-minute practice and qualifying sessions. On Sunday, there will be two 30-minute Sprint Races with one 30-mintue Qualifying session.

**Qualified Dodge Competition Coupe Racers will be eligible for Contingency awards.

Friday Test & Tune
Viper Days has the chance to rent out the track on Friday, March 26th for a half- day Test & Tune (12:00 - 5:00 PM). We need confirmed participants before we can do this. If you would be interested in driving on Friday, please let us know as soon as possible as we have a short time frame to confirm the track rental. If we get 25 drivers or more, the cost for Friday will be $320. Please email Lindsey Douglas as soon as possible at [email protected], to confirm your participation on Friday.

Banquet Information:
There will be a Saturday night Cocktail Party for drivers and their guests held in the track's Timing & Scoring building.

Please visit our website for more information:
Viper Days by NARRA

Or contact:
Lindsey Douglas
[email protected]
(817)829-4893

OP
OP
L

Lindsey Douglas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday Test & Tune Confirmed!
Friday, March 26th, there will be a Test & Tune from 12:00 - 5:00 PM at Barber. We will be running two run groups (Race & Non Race) at half hour sessions. Please register with Lindsey Douglas at [email protected], to confirm your spot.

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday Test & Tune Confirmed!
Friday, March 26th, there will be a Test & Tune from 12:00 - 5:00 PM at Barber. We will be running two run groups (Race & Non Race) at half hour sessions. Please register with Lindsey Douglas at [email protected], to confirm your spot.

I will be there to help folks new to Barber come up to speed safely, and to help folks who already know the track get faster.

Craig V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended the PBOC / NARRA event at Barber Motorsports Park last week as a spectator and friend of Frank Lussier and his dad, Charlie. This was Frank’s second NARRA event in his red & black 2008 ACR Viper, but his first time running in the Racing League after getting the approval of Dave Scott, who drove with Frank during 2 of the 5 practice sessions on Friday.
You must be registered for see images

On Friday, Frank qualified 17th in the field and finished 7th out of 8 Vipers on track, 3rd out 3 Vipers in the ACR Class on Saturday. On Sunday, with rain pouring early, many had packed up and left. Frank stuck it out and the weather cooperated providing near dry track conditions by race time. Out the few Vipers that ran on Sunday, Frank was the lone Viper in the ACR Class. The points accumulated on both Saturday & Sunday combined earned him the overall winner in the ACR Class. Hey, a win is a win, right?;)

I had a great time traveling down from Massachusetts with Frank and his dad and helping him out before, during after the track sessions. I met a bunch of really cool and talented people and thoroughly enjoyed myself at this event. What a great track and facility!:2tu: Thank you.

-Craig

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was very nice to meet you guys. Frank did very, very well. And I admire his attittude with regard to the rain. He got lots of valuable seat time, and points as well!

morepower4fl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barber was a great weekend, I enjoyed every minute. I have to give thanks to the VRL for running such a great event and having such a great group of people to help and give advice when ever needed. I learned allot last weekend and feal there is allot more i can learn from the VRL and its members.:2tu:

Attachments

• DSC_1243_s.jpg
    DSC_1243_s.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 6

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed, Frank did very well. I appreciate him not collecting me in Turns 7 and 8 when my brakes decided to take an early holiday. Overall, both races were excellent considering the field was greater than 30 cars ranging from a mini-cooper to a DP-2 prototype.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang